Chapter 14 - Forbidden

Chapter 14

A week had passed and I couldn't be any happier about it. Volturi wasn't interfering my life again and I was happy about that, though I missed Jane a mulitiple of times. For now, we still had no idea of who turned me in to the Volturi and how they managed to know about me. But none of it mattered now since I was back on track with Seth.

"Everybody's looking at us," I whispered to Seth.

Seth chuckled at me. "I know, Brynn. You're reminding me about that everyday,"

"Well, it's not my fault that they're looking at us everyday!"

"They're looking at us because we're together," he explained. "There's no big deal about it,"

"Why do they care if we're together anyways?" I asked him as we strolled the hallways to go to our first class.

"Want me to tell you the reason?" he opened the door of the classroom and we stepped inside. He leaned in and whispered something in my ear. "It's because they're jealous of us,"

"Go to your seats now, Ms. Cullen and Mr. Clearwater," the teacher said and I sat in the front beside Jim, and Seth sat in the back of the room.

"So..." Jim started the conversation. "You and that guy an item now?"

"Probably,"

"Oh," his expression suddenly turned into disapointment. I was thinking about how he didn't ask me this question a week ago when it was obvious that Seth and I were already together. "How did you know each other anyway? When you transferred here, I already heard you two were an item but didn't quite believe it,"

What was I supposed to say to him? "Umm..."

"I know that there's something mysterious about you two,"

If I still had a human heart, I knew that it would stop beating. "What are you talking about?" I asked like he didn't catch me off-guard.

"I'm just messing with you," he chuckled.

"Oh,"

Again, just like before, I heard whispers at the back about me. I chose to not mind them because they probably didn't have anything nice to say about me at all. "Why pick him over me?" he suddenly asked. I looked at him like he was insane. The answer to his question was obvious. Even though Jim looked good, Seth looked better. And he was my soulmate. Why would I pick Jim over Seth? There was simply no reason to.

"Trust me," I breathed out, trying to be nice. "You don't want to know,"

"C'mon, Brynn. It's obvious that you like me and you're just using that guy to make me jealous,"

"Excuse me...?" was I hearing things right? Of course, I was hearing it right. I was a vampire now. My hearing got better.

"Just break up with him and I'm yours,"

"No, thanks,"

"I'm not the jealous type," he stated. "It won't work,"

"You're really full of yourself, aren't you?"

"Whatever, Brynn," he faked his yawning. "I'm going to make sure that the two of you are going to break up. You'll be my girlfriend in no time,"

"In your dreams,"

"I have you in it," he winked at me. Now that the Volturi was gone, high school problem took over.

Problems really came crashing to my life.

***

"You lose, Emmett!" I yelled at my literally big and older brother. "You just got beaten by a girl. Now you owe me fifty bucks!"

"Fine," he pulled out his wallet from his back pocket and handed me my prize. The both of us decicided to have a running match. And obviously, I won. I was lighter than him, I could carry my body around without the need of worrying about my weight. Emmett was huge, he was obviously going to be slower than me. "Race you back to the house for that fifty bucks?"

"Give me twenty if I win," I grinned at him.

"It's on," he chuckled. We got ready in position once again, "Three,"

"Two,"

"One," and we dashed off to the woods. I was laughing when I noticed that I was a foot away from Emmett. He tried to go faster but he wasn't that sucessful in doing it. Maybe Edward would be faster than me. I heard that along side with his mind reading, he got super speed for another ability. But Emmett beating me in this match? There was no way in hell that's going to happen.

A gunshot was heard and it aimed at us. With our vampire senses, we were able to dodge it. Emmett and I stood back-to-back. "What the hell?" he commented.

"It's not the time to use your wise words right now, Em," I said sarcastically.

"Look at you, making comments with your damn smart mouth," he mimicked a soft voice, which didn't really suit him that much. Got that one wrong, it didn't really suit him at all.

"You bloodsuckers!" someone yelled and it was very familiar for my liking. The voice was filled with anger and anxiety. It was a guy voice. And again, it was very familiar to me...all too familiar.

"Put down the gun, man," I looked at the direction of where Emmett was talking to someone. The guy was familiar alright.

"What are you doing here, Jim?" I asked, quite shocked.

"Obviously killing blood suckers like you who killed my sister," he growled and little did I know that he already pulled the trigger of the gun that he was holding.