Chapter 9 - Forbidden

Chapter 9

"It disappeared," I told Seth. I was pretty sure that it was watching us from a distance, outside the school. Someone was watching us near the forest. How'd I knew was because it was obvious from the room's window. All my senses were functioning properly so there was no chance that I was just hyperventilating.

"Let's go," Seth said. I knew that he felt it too, he's a werewolf after all. "We don't want to be late for the next class," he reached for my hand and I made no move to pull away. My mind was still wandering about the person who was watching us. I mentally shook my head to get it out of my mind and for heavens' sake, it did. Several girls were glancing at Seth as we walked the hallways whilst the others were giving me a glare. Seth paid no attention to them because he was checking our schedule and he was busy finding our room. "Here we are,"

"Great," I told him. We immediately introduced ourselves once the teacher took notice of us. This time, I was able to sit right next to Seth. Then after that, History class immediately began.

***

Seth and I exchanged our life stories whilst we were walking back home from school. It was a great time of knowing facts about each other. I needed to admit that I only knew the basic facts about him and not his real personality and experiences entirely. As far as I'd caught up with him, he secretly loved to dance and he trained on his own. It wasn't hard getting to know him because there were so many reasons to like about him. Being fair in return, of course, I also told him about my life before I was turned and before my family was murdered and slaughtered. I told him about the great friends I left who I thought were already mourning because they were left to believe that I was dead.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I knew that it's been hard for you,"

"Stop it, dog boy," I jokingly said, "Don't pity me. I hate it the most when people pity me,"

"I don't pity you," he exclaimed in defense.

"...Good,"

"Wait," he realized, "Did you just call me dog boy?"

"What?" I raised my brow, "Don't like it?"

"Of course I don't like it,"

"Well," I played, "Get used to it, because that's what I'm going to call you from now on,"

"Hey!" he cried. "No fair! I should have a nickname for you too!"

"You're not going to think of something, dog boy," I teased.

"I'm go—" Seth was immediately cut short because of a familiar voice that hovered from somewhere. "What th—"

"Brynn!" I tried to visualize the person who was calling my name. It was Emmett. You already knew that being a vampire has its own advantages, right? Even though Emmett was still far away from us, I could hear him calling my name. Seth also sensed it because he had the sharp senses of a werewolf.

In an instant, Emmett was already in front of us. It was normal for vampires not to grasp for breath, so imagining how Emmett's face looked right now was a little unrealistic for humans. You could get the point. "What's the problem?" I immediately asked.

"You need to get out of here," he said. "Far away so you can stay out of their scent,"

"Wait," halted Seth, "Why? Whose scent?"

"Aro and some of his company are at home," he explained. "Seth, you need to take Brynn far away from here. Someone reported to them about our new recruit, and it will be just about in time for them to know about your special ability,"

"Where are we supposed to go?" Seth asked with a little hint of panic in his voice.

"Go anywhere far from here," Emmett said. "Just take Brynn out of their noses and come back tomorrow when we're sure that they're gone,"

"You don't need to do this for me," I said after thinking about it. "I can handle myself,"

"What are you ta—" I didn't let Seth finish his sentence.

"I don't want to be a burden," I said. "I'll face them,"

"Carlisle is already clearing it up," reassured Emmett, "You don't need to do this,"

Maybe being stubborn would help me in this situation. I would be stubborn just this once. I didn't want to be a burden to anyone. "I want to do it," after saying that, I immediately bolted to the woods, straight to the Cullen's house. I could feel Emmett and Seth running after me but I guessed my increase in speed was a little better than theirs. I instantly busted the doors open and went inside. I did not do it in an intense rude manner, of course. There were vampires inside the house who were shocked as the Cullens. Then, I felt Emmett and Seth's presence behind me.

"I thought you didn't have a recruit?" the man said with a very sophisticated manner that was very classical for a modern child like me, "Eleazar, identify her ability and make sure it's precise,"

Carlisle gave me a look of sympathy whilst I gave nothing in return. Within a minute, I figured out what Eleazar's special ability was, it was ability idenitification. He was able to identify any special abilities of a vampire. I also got the feeling that Eleazar was just dragged here. Maybe he was brought to purposely identify my ability alone.

"Fire Manipulation," Eleazar said. "It is basically not illusion, Aro,"

"Fire Manipulation?" Aro repeated. "Never thought that you have a special recruit in your family, Carlisle,"

"She's under my care," Carlisle simply stated. "She is clearly a Cullen now,"

"No, Carlisle," Aro replied with a big grin plastered on his face, "It's going to be better if we make her one of the Volturi guards."