Chapter 16 - Forbidden

Chapter 16

"Seth, " I breathed out.

"The werewolf's here," Alec dictated whilst he stood up. "It's nice for you to join us,"

Even though with my improved senses, everything happened too quickly in front of my eyes. Seth immediately shifted into his wolf form and lunged at Alec who already got his stance ready. I didn't know what to do, I was pinned to the ground.

A hand circled my neck, making Alec and Seth to stop their fight and look at me. "You can't play two guys at once," the terrifying voice of Blyte Evergreen hissed behind me. One move from her and I was going to be dead.

"Don't touch her," Alec threatened whilst Seth growled.

"You're not the boss of me, Alec," Blyte spat, the bitter tone was obvious in her voice. "What if I kill her? You can block my senses, but you cannot keep me away from physically killing her,"

I could feel my face cracking now, she exerted force and this time, I was scared. I knew that she would show no mercy in killing me. She wasn't like the Cullens, she could kill and not feel guilty about it. She was a nomad from what I guessed.

"Release her," a new voice joined us. I didn't need to turn around to confirm it, I already knew who it was. It was Edward. "She had done nothing wrong,"

"Really, Edward?" Blyte chuckled. "You can read minds, you know what happened,"

"What do you want from me?" I managed to choke out.

"In all honesty," she laughed in humour. "I don't even know,"

"You're jealous," I stated. I knew that I was digging my grave by saying this but I had no choice. It's either I die without doing anything or I mock her to death. I obviously chose the second option. It was better than nothing,

"Why would I be jealous of you?" she whispered in my ear.

"Because nobody likes you," I answered.

I didn't realize that my plan would work. She released her grasp on my neck and stared at me in shock. I wasn't' so sure about this but I think I heard her whisper something like, "Nobody will,"

After a second, she ran in vampire speed away from us. I immediately took this time to look at Seth, but he just turned and ran away before I could even say his name. "I'm screwed," I sighed.

"Yes, you are," Edward agreed. "Let's go back,"

"I can't stay with you," Alec said. "I'll go back to the Volturi," he didn't even give us a chance to speak when he ran away from us. Why was everybody running from us today?

"You sure got some guys lined up for you," Edward chuckled.

"Shut up," I glared at him but that just made him chuckle at me more. "How am I going to get Seth back?"

"I can't help you with that," he answered.

"I know."

***

"Seth would forgive you, don't worry," Renesmee assured me. She was growing older and older everyday.

The two of us were currently inside her room, obviously talking together. I got bored inside my own room so I decided to chat her up for a while. I told her the whole story of what happened and she listened attentively without questioning me.

"How'd you know?" I asked in full curiousity.

"He imprinted on you," she explained. Oh, right. Jacob imprinted on her too, she knew the feeling of being a vampire and at the same being imprinted by a werewolf. "He wouldn't stay mad at you for too long. He wouldn't be able to do it,"