Chapter 10

*Holly's Pov*

Its been a week since the wedding and I was already back in Holmes. I hated saying goodbye to my sister, so Harry has been distracting me. He has been keeping me busy so I don't think about being upset leaving my sister. I had forced Harry to enter a battle of the bands contest and tonight was their gig. 

I got dressed casually and grabbed my keys and headed to to my car. Harry performed in 30 minutes and I was going early to tell him good luck before he performed.

I arrive at the place where they were playing. I walk in to see the place already filling up. Apperently this was a pretty big deal. I walk up to the stage and go back. I see Harry and the rest of the band getting ready. Harry was the lead singer, so that means I got to listen to more of that voice that I love.

He turns to me and smiles, pecking my lips. He leans down to me and whispers in my ear, "Thanks for coming."

I smile and squeeze his hand reassuringly. We hear the announcer, announce that the band should be ready to perform in five minutes. "I should go out and find a good spot." I tell Harry and he kisses me again before I leave.

I walk out to the crowd of people, pushing and shoving to get to the front. I make it to the front, alive and in one piece, but it was difficult. 

The band walks out and Harry walks to the microphone stand to adjust his microphone. I could tell he was nervous, because when he is nervous, he fiddles around with things. 

The music starts to play and Harry's voice fills my ears. That raspy, husky voice that I loved hearing. Once he got into it, I could tell he wasn't nervous anymore. I could tell he loved doing this. He had great stage pressence. He knew how to get the crowd on their feet. He needs to realize that he was meant for this. 

The set ends and Harry looks and my direction and winks. I smile back at him.  He was such a flirt. They walk off the stage and the crowd buzzes, waiting for the next band to set up. I could not put up with standing here for another several shows, so I decide to leave.

*****

I had been sleeping on the couch for who knows how long when I am awaken by someone jumping on me. I open my eyes to see Harry laying on top of me. I giggle and push him off of me onto the ground. "What time is it?" I ask.

"Too early for you to be asleep." He replies.

I groan, "How did the battle of the bands go?" I ask him.

He smiles, "We won first place." he says.

I smile and sit up and rub my eyes before giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Congratulations, you guys were great." I say, "Especially you."

He gets up off the ground and comes on the couch and sits next to me. "Thanks." he says.

I sigh, "Don't get mad at me for saying this but.....X Factor tryouts are coming up and I think you should tryout." I explain.

"X Factor is a year long commitment and I could never be away from you that long." he tells me.

"But Harry I can tell you want to be a singer, I can tell you love it." I say.

"I do want to be a singer. I do love it. But I am more willingly to be with you then be a singer." he says.

I smile and he kisses me cheek. He stays with me for about another two hours until it gets late and he leaves. I close the door behind him and lean my back against it. I stood there thinking about things for a long time. 

I could not stand the thought of Harry not doing what he wants to, because of me. I could not stand the idea of me standing in the way of him and his dream. I knew what I had to do. I knew what I had to do for him to go on the X Factor. 

And it wasn't going to be easy.