Chapter 18

*Holly's Pov*

Yes, I was still frustrated about losing my job and everything, but I was also excited for this "date" with Harry. He said he was taking me out tonight and where to, I had no idea. 

I slipped on a tight black dress and some red pumps. I applied a little bit of mascara, I never liked it because it made my lashes crusty. I put on a little bit of lip gloss just to make my lips a little bit more shiney. 

I hear the doorbell ring and I get a little pit in my stomach of excitement and rush to answer the door. I open it to see Harry standing there with flowers in his hand. He always was a romantic. I smile and he hands me the flowers. "Come in." I say and walk over to the put the flowers in a vase.

I grab my purse and phone and walk back over to him, "So, where are you taking me?" I say nudging him playfully, knowing he would not tell me. 

He chuckles and says, "You know I can't tell you." I smile and roll my eyes and follow him outside to his car. He opens the door for me and I hop in. He gets in and pulls out of my driveway.

The car ride was not as awkward as I expected it to be. Harry was just being his usual self and cracking jokes. He really hasn't changed from this fame at all. 

We finally arrive at this dark pond, is what it looks like and he walks to my door opening it for me. I step out and he takes my arm and guides me down to a little dock where we see a blanket with a wine bottle of top and two glasses. I look out at the pond to see it full of lit lanterns floating all around it. It was beautiful. "Did you do this?" I ask him.

He smiles and shakes his head, "Yes." He guides me down to the dock where we slip our shoes off and hang out feet over the edge. He pours a little bit of wine into both the cups and he hands me one. I look out at all the lanterns and admire the beauty Harry put all his effort into. "I miss this." Harry blurts out and I look to him and notice that he was red making me think he did not mean to say it.

I smile, "Me too." I say flat out and then it was his turn to turn and look at me. 

He just sits there for a second, intensly thinking of what to say next. "What even happened two years ago?" he pauses. "What did I do?"

I can hear the saddness in his voice and nothing made me feel worse then when he was upset. "You didn't do anything." I quietly whisper.

He hears me and says, "What was that?"

I turn and look him in the eyes, "You didn't do anything, Harry." 

He then looks confused and asks, "Well why did you break up with me then? Why didn't you answer my phones call when I called you for two weeks? Why haden't I head from you until now?"

"Harry, you wouldn't go. I couldn't not let you go." I tell him. 

"Go where? What are you talking about?" he asks,

"The X Factor. You wouldn't go because you said you couldn't leave me." I pause. "I had to make you go...thats why I broke up with you." I tell him.

He stands up and slowly walks back and forth across the dock. I stare up at him as he rubs the back of his neck in confusion. "Harry..." I say quietly.

"I spent weeks wondering what the hell I did. What I did wrong to make you leave me like that." He pauses and tears start to run from my eyes and I look down at my hands. "I wondered what I could of done to make you stay." 

I stand up and walk over to him, "Harry, I did it because I wanted you to live your dream. I wanted you to have the life you have now. I wanted you to be happy." I say.

"I was happy!" he snaps. I flinch and he turns to me, "Nothing made me happier then you and when you left me, I felt as if my world had taken a turn for the worse." I could see the tears brimming in his eyes.

"I did it becaused I cared for you." I pause and look down at my hands again. "I did it because I loved you....I still love you."

He turns to me and our eyes connect. "I love you too, Holly." It happened so fast, he pulled my body into his and our lips connected causing a sensation to run through my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved my lips in sync with his. He pulled away and brought his lips next to my ear and whispered, "And thank you." I smile. Everything was great and I hope it never ended.