Chapter 2

Coley

I feel myself slowly waking up from the deep sleep I was enjoying dearly. I grumble, hiding my face into my pillow. I really hate mornings.

I huff out, removing my face from its confines when my breathing becomes difficult. I slowly open my eyes, blinking a few times to rid them of sleep. My room is dark, the blinds covering the windows greatly, keeping the sun rays from shining through.

I'm really not ready to deal with this. With everything. Today is the day we tell Sam about us. I'm both relieved and terrified. I'm relieved because it'll be a weight off of my shoulder having someone else know our secret, but I'm also terrified. To have something this big out is scary. I really do trust Sam, but still. Just the thought of him knowing is driving my anxiety up the wall.

Speaking of my anxiety, it's only been getting worse ever since that day at Sonya's. I just blame it on the fact that we're hiding something huge from everyone. I don't blame it on Sonya. This isn't her fault. We both wanted to hide. It was a mutual decision.

Just like it's a mutual decision to finally tell our parents about us.

Telling my parents will be such a pain in the ass. Especially with mom. My father... he's not so much in the picture at the moment. I've always suspected that he's cheating on mom. He's always working late, and every time they interact, his head is somewhere else.

Anyways, that's another story I'm not willing to get into. Just thinking about my father cheating on mom... I sigh, rubbing my eyes in frustration. Everything is piling up. I just want to get the confrontation of Sonya and I done with. I can already imagine how that conversation will go. If my dad would be there, which I highly doubt he will be, he'd shrug it off because he couldn't give any less of a shit about this family. My mother though... She's not going to like it.

It's not going to be easy for Sonya either. If anything, it's going to be harder for her. Both of her parents will surely be there tomorrow. And it's going to be stressful as shit. They will disown her. Kick her out. And I will be there through it all.

After this, it'll just be her and I. I'm sure mom will probably disown me too. We will need to live out our days together. Not that I mind. I'm planning on spending forever with Sonya.

I small smile graces my lips. Just the thought of her can make butterflies erupt within the depths of my gut. In the end, everything will work out, and it'll be her and I. The outcome of this is worth it.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by my phone blaring the song 'Happily Ever After.' I smile at the lyrics.

"We all wanna know, how it ends."

"Oh happily ever after, wouldn't you know? Wouldn't you know?"

"Oh, skip to the ending, who'd like to know? I'd like to know."

"Author of the moment, can you tell me?"

"Do I end up, do I end up happy?"

Realizing that I still need to answer it, I reach over to my bedside table, and grab my iPhone, looking at the caller ID. Sonya. My heart skips a beat. I unlock it, and press the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"C, I miss you terribly," I hear Sonya husk out into my ear. I shiver runs through my body.

I laugh. "You saw me yesterday, S. don't be needy."

"I can't help it. I love you too much," she says, causing my heart to warm at her words.

"I love you too. I guess," I add, and I hear her scoff through the speakers.