Chapter 20: Note and Custodian

[General POV]

Like a candle being blown out Hikari Yuzuki found herself whisked into a place where the walls shifted colors, her head spun. The poor girls brain tried to keep hold of the information she had recently taken, she feared that it could slip through her like liquid through her fingertips.

"What's happening??" She wondered as the walls spun around her like a kaleidoscope, but with only three colors.

Black, white and red...

Her palm felt sweaty as she looked down, nothing but glass was supporting her from falling into a deep darkness below, she had remembered her fear of heights as it crept upon her like a snake.

"I despise snakes though, so would you mind not using that analogy?"

She spun around and met with silver eyes that bore into hers, mockingly the owner of the eyes chuckled and flashed a set of pearly white teeth.

"Welcome, Hikari Yuzuki" Ghostly white hair and a silver suit, that was the appearance of the man that stood before her. Saying that it would be difficult to focus on him with the flashing colors would be an understatement, it was near impossible for her to see him at all.

"W-Who are you??" She stuttered, her head started aching from the epileptic seizure that was threatening to release.

A smooth and silk laugh came from the man "You may address me as the custodian, and you my dear are currently inside 'Note'"

Hikari shuddered at the mention of anything related to the diary "Note? Is that what this place is??"

"Yes" The custodian stated in a calm voice, like a doctor talking to his patient "Like all the unfortunate souls before you, it is your turn to play the game that my master has created"

Game, unfortunate souls, master. Another set of words that only led to more questions and not enough answers, she was feeling woozy as it was so she decided to ask the first thing that came to her mind.

"Where is my cousin?!" She asked louder than she was supposed to, but she tried her best to give him her best glare regardless.

The custodian grinned, it was quite the childish smile "Ah, she has moved onto the second part of the game if you truly wish to find her then I suggest you get updated on everything that happened, that is currently happening and what will happen"

Hikari felt her fingertips smooth over the diary in her hand, and as in a dream she nodded and shut her eyes, she could do nothing more than listen but that doesn't mean she would do everything he wanted.

The custodian clasped his hands together in a happy gesture "Great! Usually it takes so much more time and effort to get my clients started, plus I couldn't even touch your dear cousin because of that irritating snake in my way, but you my dear will be my masterpiece and If you listen and follow what I say, I can promise you that all your wishes will be fulfilled"

She didn't believe him of course, but at that point what else could she believe in? Everything up till now was just a set up and she wasn't going to expect anything less from here on out, she was going to win this game and go back home with her cousin... Alive.

Like a candle being reignited, the notebook Hikari had been holding shifted likes the walls into something clean and pure, it was now blank and held infinite possibilities.

And with that, the game of life and death began once more.

____________________

Surprised? I am too XD
I honestly wasn't thinking of ever looking at this story again but hey I decided otherwise,
So if some people are still perhaps reading this then please comment so I can see if it's worth continuing and improving
Ciao ^~^

-SayaKisaragi