Chapter 17 : Confidence Speaks

The awkward moment when your eyes keep gazing at the one, you dont really want to. ~Aliyah Ali

.....Aliyah's POV.....

I checked my handbag for everything i will be needing today. My handbag was the most mysterious thing ever, but still i succeed in finding the right thing. I wrapped my hijab around my face and wheeled myself out of the room.

"Asalamualaikum naaanu" I said . naanu was sitting on the couch.

"walaikumsalam" said naanu and mom in unison.

I turned around to look at mom, to find where she is. she was in the kitchen doing something.

"Lateef bhai, we need to go" i shouted seeing the car driver in the lawn.

"okay madam" he said.

"Aliyah you are not going anywhere, until you are done with breakfast" said naanu sternly.

The morning drama starts. ugh. Ya Allah help.

"No. i dont feel like eating now nanu. i will eat something with zynah" i said.

I was already late. The perfect time to interact with people was around 11-1 pm . The evening time was more better , but still we preferred morning.

"liyah plz keep this with you. you dont have to eat anything outside" said mom giving me a lunchbox.

"uh..?" i was speechless.

I have never faced this. At least not in my 21 years of life. not even during my schooldays.I dont have any memory as, Mom giving me a lunchbox. it was always naanu who made sure i eat well, though many a times i played stubborn.

"Aliyah beta i have become responsible now". mom said looking down.

"mom.. you dont have to feel ... as such. " I  said pausing , not knowing what to say. i dont want her to feel guilty like this and at the same time, i dont want her to know that i know it.

"ummm. anyways. I will submit my resignation later today. hope everything goes well" said mom smiling, that brighten her face.

"No one is perfect mom and we take time to learn things. All the best mom". I said smiling genuinely. 

" you are right my love. thankyou" said mom and kissed on my forehead.

I was longing for this tenderly love. I grinned showing my set of teeth while i feel a lump in my throat.  overwhelmed.

As always lateef bhai helped me get into the car . There were days when lateef bhai used to carry me in his hands and make me seat in the car, i was a baby then. But now he keeps my wheelie buddy inside the car and i help myself get into the car,though with much struggle.

we were on our way to 'Cafe coffee day' . The members of our organisation split up into 5 groups consisting of 2 persons. We will be visiting few coffee shops in and around our locality. I have made the copies of everything to be told today and distributed among the groups. I really hope that it helps each of the person listening to it.

"Lateef bhai how is sofia?" i asked.

sofia was his eldest daughter. she is sweet girl.

"She is fine beta. she has passed intermediate second year with 89%" he said . His eyes shining with happiness.

"ma sha Allah thats really Nice. What did she plan about further studies?" i asked.

As my mind scanned the list of undergraduate courses that could be pursued after BPC stream of Intermediate.