Chapter 20 : The Catastrophe

No one could struggle with the fate. It wins all the time ~Zuha Tabassum.

........Aliyah' s POV........

"Naaanuu" i whisperd letting out a breathe.

My eyes were closed and my brain was mess. I could hear voice of sirens and screams around me. But i dont know where i was, what was wrong with me. I just know that i am in grave situation. I have to escape this situation , but i was helpless. I was not in a position to raise my hands, i was unable to utter a word clearly. I managed to say "Naanu" in a whisper.

"Someone is in here" i heard a voice from a far place. I dont know how much far, it was a man's voice.

I lay still without a move, my breathe inhaling and exhaling at the lowest. I dont know how i was lying, but i knew i was lying in an abnormal position that was causing me aches all over my body. But i laid still, not able to move or open my eyes. I was in a semi conscious state.

"Oh yes. There is a lady here". Said a man , in a loud voice, hurriedly.

"Slowly. Take care in opening the door. " other man said.

"She is completely stucked. I doubt she is alive" said a man, His hand touching my arms that made my body moved a bit because of the warm touch.

"She is aliveee" the man screamed.

As the man and other members of rescue team tried to pull me out, my body ached in all its joints.I managed to open my eyes and saw a blurred image, it was my car and i was in a knee-chest position. I was so stucked in the car. But they managed to remove me out of the rumble of car. It was devastated. Rumble of ground in pieces as if in movies. No, it was real.

The rescue workers made me lie on stretcher and poured water on my face. I gasped a long breathe , as my normal breathing pattern was restored. I felt warm blood dripping from my right eyebrow. My right hand was hanging down, numb.
I glanced at the surroundings and found many stretchers around me , some of them screaming out of pain. Some lying still, motionless, dead. A child was crying in a high pitch, trying to wakeup his mom, as a body of mother was engulfed around as in protecting the child, the mother was lying dead.

There were people running,hither and tither. And my head was similar to the situation, throbbing as if beating with hammers. I resisted myself to keep my eyes close, from loss of energy. I heard sirens And screaming, as my mind slowly made sense that it was the earthquake that has destroyed the place. I slowly drowned into deep sleep.

.................

I opened my eyes to see white bed, on which i was lying. I turned on my left, my hand pained like hell. I looked at my hand , it was bandaged. I felt aches all over my body. I couldnot s feel my limbs, they were numb, completely. I was hospitalised.

"Aliyah" said naaanu. Her eyes were wet and her nose quite red. I knew she was crying.

"Naaanu" i managed to say as tears fall from my eyes.

"You are allright Beta. nothing to worry okay?!"

"Is everyone fine at home?" i asked, as the horrific scene of earthquake flashed before my eyes. My voice so feeble.

"Everything is fine aliyah. Zynah is waiting to meet you since yesterday night." said naanu.

"Zynah, she is okay na? I dont remember how it all happened" i said thoughtfully.

"she is fine. It happened, but dont stress over it now. " naanu said.

As naanu went off from the room, zynah came in rushing.