Chapter 11 : Enlighten

Love is made in heavens , But it is destroyed in this world. Few are  blessed to carry the legacy of heavenly love. ~ Zuha Tabassum.

.....Aliyah's POV......

I have to meet the officials of Ministry of child welfare, a government body that would help the NGO by providing funds. Once i was ready, i came with Lateef bhai, My trusted car driver, to the office.

The minister for child welfare, Mr. Syed Ali. He was a man in his late 50's, his face wrinkled, eyes glaring. Well, he seems so prudent. I cleared my throat to initiate the talk.

" Good noon, sir"

"Good noon"

I Informed him about myself a bit and the NGO i intend to initiate, he kept nodding at appropriate time. He inquired about my qualifications, and stuff.

"Most of the people believe that starting NGO, is very easy, like cracking an egg. BUT IT IS NOT" He said with a glare and disgusting look.

I just nodded.

"And you don't really seem to be powerful enough to tackle the difficulties you get in this path." he said , wavering his hand.

"I apologise sir, You seem to judge me by the physical appearance. But sir how many people you know have conquered the world just by the way they look? I believe in wisdom and courage. And Allah will surely help me in this. " I said.

Those words surprised me , that was something i had never spoke off. No , i mean those words were something only my journal knows, where i spit out everything , emotions and courage that i dared to write but coward enough to show it to the world.

"Your spirit is too high, Aliyah. you will come across such difficulties that you cant really tackle it only with wisdom and courage"

"By the grace of Allah, I have certain people in my life , that would look after things that i couldn't handle throughout this NGO. That doesn't mean i should not dream and restrain myself from achieving it." I said , with a tinge of confidence in my voice. I whispered Alhumdulillah underneath my breath.

He nodded , helpless.

"That's Alright. My wishes are with you." He said vaguely.

"Thank you sir"

"But as you know, you need to give something to gain something" he said with a Mischievous smile on his face.

"Sorry, I didn't get you"

"C'mon. Ye India hai madam*! if you want me to prepare documents for Your NGO, you have to give something in return. " (This is India madam*)

"And what do you want me to give ? " i was confused.

"Paisa*." he laughed hysterically. (*Money)
"You have to know such little things madam ji" he continued.

"What? Really? why should i give it you,Sir ? I mean government surely pay you for this job, right?" I said.

He wants Bribe?? It strikes my mind, and i face palmed myself for being so stupid and honest in front of him. He again laughed more loudly this time. It made my blood boil with anger.

"You are still a Novice. So masoom* you are" (so innocent* you are)

"So what If I am a novice? I would not support Bribing , Ever"

"Whats wrong in that? We take it for the work we do" he argued.

"I am sorry sir, You know very well that government pay you for your work. and the Money you take is to fill up your belly illegally. " i dared to say, yet controlled my temper.