Chapter 10 : Bittersweet

You never really know , who is talking about you or remembering you silently, and that's just it, which makes Life a Beautiful facade. ~Zuha

....Aariz's POV.....

My eyes were now burning, because of continuously working on my lappy since two hrs. I was busy checking details of universities that offers masters(Msc) in psychology. My preference was Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad, my hometown.

I took a sip from coke and munched chips . When i was tired enough, i closed my lappy and sprawled on my bed. I was thinking about those kids, whose parents provide them with a well settled empire of business. And Joseph is one of those lucky brats. Their family owns ' Mehta group of infrastructures'. And he will be joining it soon. His mom was Christian and his father was Hindu. And Joseph doesn't follow any religion in particular. He does go to church with his mom and also goes to temple and offers pooja , with his dad.

Ashish was planning to go overseas countries like Australia or England. His father is settled in Australia.
And Raj is planning to continue his dj'aying thing. His family doesn't really care about his career and thus he goes with his passion, that is music.

Rahul , unlucky guy like me. He is going to apply for Msc in English along with me. His father is a govt. Employee and doesn't really have a lot of bucks to send him overseas.

However my dad informed me that, if i wanted to go to overseas, i can. But my dad is not really anil ambani, heck yeah. He wants me to study Msc in India and then till then he would surely make money for sending me overseas. Pretty good? Hell NO. Because till then i will become Bud'dha(Old)  , and will probably get married. What will i do going then? The real age will be over by then. This age sucks.

While i was busy wondering about my own theories of life and money. Anam nudged me and then i was back to reality.

"Are you in wonderland?" she giggled. Showing her graceful smile.

"yeah.. I was searching for my Alice"

"You are nowhere near ' Mr prince'.huh" she said making a face, that made me chuckled.

"Then how the prince is ought to be?" i asked making her sit in my lap. She sat with her back against me.

"Umm.. He will be nice. You are nice though. " she stopped turning to look at me. " And he will offer prayers. He will be good to his parents and he is loved by all" she continued.
It made me dumb stricken. She continued saying something, but i didnot paid attention.

"Annu, who told you about the prince , and these things about him?" i asked thoughtfully.

"Mummaa" she said playing with something she found on the bed.

That was the first time, i felt guilty of myself, especially in front of anam. My upbringing was really perfect until i was in 12th standard. I used to offer prayers, i used to do anything and everything that makes my parents happy. But Then there was this girl, Mayra. My mind flashed every single moment with her infront of my eyes,like a movie. Though, i dont really miss her now, because i am done loving her. She was like a rainbow, entered my life.. We were friends, besties. One day i was overwhelmed and proposed her, she accepted And made me feel i was the luckiest guy. But then again , she ditched me. And that was my turning point. I went crazy, i did smoked before but my cigarettes went from one or Two to smoking two or three packets of cigarette.
And i was in hell of depression. I didn't spoke to anyone at home, except anam. She was so fragile back then , as she is still today. And no matter what, she made me smile.