Chapter 21 : The Distress

I love it when boys are caring towards kids. ~Aliyah Ali.

....Aariz's POV....

I glanced at the clock and it has been more than five minutes since i have entered the room. and luckily the nurse has not come back.

It was not like in movies, where the hero talks with heroine, for about one hour. No one interrupts them , literally no one. And i was living in damn reality. The moment i entered the room, i was intefered by her mom. Then now i got the chance to speak with her. Before i am interuppted by nurse, i planned to talk to aliyah.

"I.. I mean.. had your lunch? I asked.

Woah! Aariz great question, you know. I facepalmed myself.

She nodded. Wow she is not angry or something like she always used to be.

" Dont worry , You will be fine okay? You are god's favourite." I said.

Good going Aariz, told my innerself.

"Am i ?" She asked.

she tried removing the instrument. She gasped for breathe. She ended up coughing. I became worried.

"Hey.. you should wear it, i guess. You okay?" i asked worried.

She coughed and coughed, her body moving along with her. I took a glass of water and handed it to her. she tried to straight herself abit and drank water. she was okay now. I thanked Allah, Alhumdulillah.

"Thanx" she said lowering her eyes. she is probably seeing the glass.

A black colored duppatta was loosely wrapped around her head. She put the glass aside and adjusted her hijab, as her brown hairs were showing off from the sides. How i wish to see her without hijab.

"Thats fine.. completely" i said.

I was damn nervous. Where the hell is my Egoistic attitude?

"Why did you ...came here?" she managed to ask.

"My cousin is admitted in the hospital." I said.

"Oh.. How is anam?" she asked.

"She is fine." i replied.

"my cousin got his legs amputated." i said.

I Dont know what i was saying. Seriously Aariz, you wanna talk random things like these?"

"Thats really bad to hear. Hope he recovers soon" she said deep in thought.

her voice was so feeble, that made me guilty to make her talk.

" I am sorry. I am making you talk. " i blurted out my mind.

She nodded, i Dont know that was in affirmation or not.

"Can you call Zynah? I want to talk with her" she said.

"I want to talk with you.. Aliyah" i said. and soon my hands were running through my hairs.

She meet my eyes, for the first time, since we have been talking.

I felt like losing in her eyes. it said some story, a mystery.

"You.. what?" she asked.

"I am worried about you." I said.

I Dont know where it is going, but i felt it is the right thing to spill my heart to her. My heart beat at its peak, when i rememberd one of her journal.

Journal : Dated : Saturday.

Its nice to know that the organisaton is running at a good pace. Alhumdulillah. but today, i met him. Aariz. I was angry at first. but Zynah insisted me to talk with him. It was for anam's sake. She needs the counselling. she needs us. but i never thought that Aariz was this much caring towards her sister. How can he not? but i thought he is really a jerk. But.. I Dont know.. what i feel when i meet his gaze. it sends electric shocks to my body. its weird i know. I feel something odd towards him. Argh.
end of journal.