Chapter 18 : The Diary

Sometimes the dark night makes us utter those things, that we dont dare to speak during the day. ~Aariz Ahmed.

......Aariz's Pov....

I couldnot help but stare at her, charming face was reflecting like a bright day light. Pink colored hijab neatly wrapped around her round face. She was engrossed in eating, no but she was not exactly engrossed. she was playing with the food. Is she nervous? oh c'mon aariz, shut ua idiotic mouth, said my inner voice.

"How is anam. Is she improving?" zynah asked.

"Yeah . she is doing better" i replied.

It has been a week anam has joined this organisation. and she really seems to be improving.

"Dont tell me that you came to a coffee shop alone" zynah chukled.

I chuckled back. She is humorous.

"NO...Not at all. I came here with Joseph. He went half an hour before owing to some work. As the lecture seemed interesting, i stayed. " I said.

Looking at aliyah the whole time. zynah was busy in eating her sandwich and didnot looked at me. and aliyah was avoiding me as if i am a contagion. Attitude much?.

"I see" zynah said.

"I am done" Aliyah said.

Done with what? The sandwich was left half eaten.

"complete that dear. you didnot had your breakfast, remember?" said zynah.

"I guess leaving food half eaten
is quite bad manners, no?" I said purposely looking at zynah with a mischeivous smile.

"Yeah.. yeah.." she said with a sly grin.

"I just Dont like someone else's presence, when i am eating" Aliyah said.

"Ohh. why Dont you straight away ask me to go?" i asked. raising one of my eyebrow.

I was not angry at all, infact i was enjoying it. Meet the New me.

"That is bad manners,No?" said Aliyah.

I have never ever imagined that she can be this calm and composed. She was not angry, she appeared so innocent like a child.

"Lets go Zynii" said Aliyah.

"Ok.Chalo. Bye aariz. Take care of anam" said zynah.

"Take care of anam" Aliyah said.

She didnot meet my eyes, Zynah pushed her wheel chair and they went past me. I stared at them.

When i looked back at the table, there was a diary, the same blue colored diary that i took out from the locker in college days.
Its Aliyah's. I stared at the diary, Not wanting to pick it , as that reminded me of those weird college days. But if i dont pick it up from here, it will surely get thrown into dustbin by the workers of this cafe.

I picked it up and automatically my hands opened it. You just cant resist sometimes, it happens eventually.

And the same last page opened, that i had written years before.

"Sorry

-Riz"

The paper was crumbled, as in an attempt to tear , but didnot do it.

And i remembered everything that happened that day, the meeting with principal. her angry face, everything like a flashback in movies.

I closed it again. I didnot want to hurt her again, doing any stupid stuff as before.