Chapter 1: Flash Back to Prom Night

Miranda POV

Quincy: "Baby, let's go to this party at my friend's house."

Me: "Try asking me."

Quincy: "Baby, do you wanna go to a party at my friends house?"

Me: "Sure, when are we leaving?"

Quincy: "Now."

Me: "One last dance?"

Quincy: "Sure."

Well hello there readers. Its Miranda. It's been about four years sense I have seen you. This is a flashback to the night of my senior prom. It is also the last day of my relationship with Quincy. At this point, I was no longer in love with him, but I didn't have the heart to end the relationship. I was however in love with Dani. I no longer felt that spark with Quincy, but I did with Dani. Back to the flashback.

We were in the car and Quincy was singing along to "Thinking Out Loud."

It's our song, but I now hate it. I sang along for him because because it was something that we shared. I had a feeling that we wouldn't be together for long. He was all about out relationship, but I was all about Dani. Every time I kiss Quincy, I pretend he's Dani. I have to.

Quincy: "Baby, we're here. You've been spacey lately. I know you're moving to the south, but we'll be okay. I'll still be you faithful and loving boyfriend."

Me: "Sorry. A lot of things have been on my mind lately; family drama, college, moving, becoming and afult. I just haven'y had time to clear my head and just think."

Quincy: "You can clear your head to me. You know you can always vent to me."

See what I'm talking about. I said I needed think and he's all like "Talk to me, love me, give me all your attention even though I see you all the time." He's the reason why I'm going to Tulane. I need space from him. I see him all the time and I barely see Dani anymore. Sense they've become "friends", Quincy tags along to things only Dani and I would do. Like going to eat at diners in the hood. Now he asks to go and invites Dani. I know I shouldn't be complaining about this, but I can't help it. I've been out of love with Quincy for about four months. It's been the longest four months of my life.

We got out of the car and walked to the mansion. Quincy grabbed me by my waist and kissed what used to be my spot. I pretended to be affected.

We walked in and their was smoke and loud music. Marijuana should have never been legalized. Now even the rich kids got their hands on the good stuff.

Quincy went to get us both something to drink. I waited about three minutes and then went to go mingle. I was talking and walking with one of the girls from my english class. Then I saw Dani with some girl on his lap. He was kissing her neck. My heart broke.

I went to the kitchen and had a cup of wine. They didn't have glasses. I wasn't even thinking about where Quincy was. I need to clear my head. I had another drink. Two wouldn't hurt right? Two them turned into six and I wanted to go home. I went to go find Quincy and found myself upstairs. I heard voices. One was very familiar and the other was Quincy. That other voice was way too familiar. I opened the door and there was Bria riding Quincy. I stood there until he noticed me. The look on his face was full of surprise and regret.

Quincy: "Baby wait. I can explain."

Me: "It's ok Quincy. We've been over for a while. Things aren't the same. I love you, but I'm not in love with you. It was nice, but this is a sign. You're great. I hope you can find a woman as amazing as you are. Bye."

I walked away crying. Everything is coming to an end. I ran into Dani and he looked concerned and sober. I really needed a ride home.

Dani: "What happened?"

Me: "Ask me in a couple years. I just need to go home. Wait let me call Chyna."

Chyna and Michael broke up, she would understand my situation so I think I needed to crash at her place.

Me: "Hey, Chyna? Can I come crash at your place?"

Chyna: "Yea baby. What happened?"

Me: "I'll explain later."

Dani dropped me off at Chyna's mini mansion. I walked in and she was sitting on the couch with black and hot tea.

Chyna: "I was right, you're drunk. What did he do?"

I told her what happened and she let me rest my head on her lap. She made me drink a lot of water so that my hangover wouldn't be so bad in the morning. I don't understand why Michael let her go.