Chapter 6: Dani Strikes Again!

Miranda POV

I finally finished packing my suitcase, a job I put off until the last minute. Tomorrow night I was to head back to New Orleans, but Dani wanted to take me out first.

We're gonna go eat at our favorite diner. I got dressed and waited for him to pick me up.

He showed up two minutes late of course.

Dani: "I know, I know. I'm late, but my baby momma didn't want to take Damon because she knew I had a date tonight, even though it's her week to have him. I had to drop him off at my mom's which as you know is a little out of the way."

Me: "Yea whatever let's go. And this is not a date."

Dani: "Then why you look nice?"

Me: "I can't just look nice for the hell of it?"

Dani: "I'm just sayin' that you got a nigga thinkin' he special 'cause you never wear dresses anymore."

Me: "I can go change into my pajamas if you in yo' feelings 'bout it."

Dani: "Nah, come on girl."

Me: "Don't get impatient with me! Shit you was the one who was late!"

Dani: "You on your period or somethin'?"

Me: "No you just workin' on my nerves."

Dani: "And to think I almost missed yo' ass."

Me: "You know you did."

He scratched his neck and blushed a little.

Dani: "Yea, I did. You need to visit more often."

Me: "Number one, I'm broke. Number two, you usually live in Miami. Number three, I have class."

Dani: "Then Imm fly you to Miami for one of my games next year. Deal?"

Me: "Ok deal. But I gotta run that by Terrance first."

Dani: "So you let that man run you now?"

Me: "No, he's my boyfriend who already don't like you. Why add fuel to the fire."

Dani: "You don't need him; you got me. What you need him for?"

Me: "Dick and back rubs."

Dani: "Aye we can skip this diner shit and do that now. I could and would do that without a problem."

Me: "He's bought tampons like five times though."

Dani: "As long as I get pussy after you off your period then I have no problem with that."

I cut my eyes at him. I can't catch a break from him, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

We pulled up to the diner and got out the car. I'm so glad he doesn't try to open the car door for me, that takes way to long. He chose one of those round booths in a back corner. It was kinda dark.

He sat really close to me put his arm behind me. Not around me, but on the top of the seat.

Dani: "So when you comin' back?"

He was somewhat whispering in my ear and I slid over in the oposite direction a little.

Me: "Two weeks before classes start. I'll be here for five days."

He pulled me back to where I was, but it felt closer.

Dani: "That's it? And you bringin' ole boy? Man I'm not gon' really see you. And girl if you don't stop moving away from me!"

Me: "You too damn close. Back the fuck up. But you'll see me. I'll be sure of it."

Dani: "I'm already warning you, I'm not gonna like that dude."

Me: "You don't even know him."

Dani: "But I know he with you!"

Me: "I think you'll like him. Y'all act a lot alike."

Dani: "See now you tryna replace me. Why do that when you can have the real thing?"

Me: "Cause I don't want you."

He put his hand on his heart, pretending to be shocked.

Dani: "Your lies hurt me Miranda."

Me: "What lies?"

Dani: "That you don't want me. Girl please, go one somewhere with that. When you graduate and move back here, you'll be right back to being in love with me."

Me: "Who said I was moving? I like New Orleans."

Dani: "But Compton is home. Shit wherever I am is home and you know that damn well."

He said that really seriously. I hate how he thinks that he owns me. I'm a grown woman and he's acting like it's sophomore year.

Me: "New Orleans is home too. I have more friends there than I do here."

Dani: "You don't need nothin' if you have me. I'm all you need and the sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be."

Me: "You realize that if we get together, I'm signing up to be a parent."

Dani: "You love Damon. You wouldn't mind."

Me: "Maybe I would mind. Maybe I don't wanna deal with babymamas. Maybe I wanna to have a man's first child."

Dani: "But you love me and Damon so much that you wouldn't even care. Look we can keep going back and forth, but I know you."

Me: "People change and I've changed."

Dani: "Yea you cut your hair, dyed it blonde, and got a little fiesty. But you're heart is still in the same place, my hands. You don't love that dude because you love me and you need to hurry up and realize that before you hurt him."

I pushed him back and scooted over a lot. I was upset. Dani is my best friend, but he works my my damn nerves. And yea I haven't realized what I wanted yet, but I know for a fact it isn't him right now. I'm too young to play mommy.