Chapter 5: Seeing Dani

Miranda POV

Yesterday after I picked KC up from Michael, Chyna and I took him to Chucke Cheese and bowling. We wanted to go to the beach, but KC fell asleep in the car on the way. So today we're going to the beach and I plan on working on my tan.

I did my hygiene routine and put on my bikini. Chyna talked me into wearing a thong bikini. I have a feeling that I'll be wearing shorts over it. She also bought me a triangle string bikini top. She knows I only like strapless bikini tops because they hold my boobs. She knows I have a boyfriend, so why is she dressing me like this?

I got dressed and of course I put shorts over my bikini bottom. Chyna got KC dressed and we were on our way.

We stopped at Waffle House for breakfast. The waiter flirted shamelessly with us. He was cute but I have a boyfriend.

We left and I gave KC his bucket, Chyna the mats and her chair and I held my and KC's chair, the cooler and the umbrella. I always hold everything when we go out.

We set up our spot and KC dragged me out into the water.

KC got tired of the water and started running back to Chyna. I walked back and on the way I thought I saw someone familiar, but I don't have on my glasses or contacts so I could be wrong.

I sat on the mat and took my shorts off. I grabbed the sun tan lotion and tubbed it all over me. The problem was reaching my back. I asked Chyna to to do it, but a pair of hands were already doing the job. I was so freaked out.

I turned around and there was Dani. I haven't seen him sense Christmas.

Me: "What the hell? You know not to sneak up on me."

Dani: "Hey Miranda. I'm doing good. You?"

Me: "Shut up. Boy get your hands off me."

Dani: "I was tryin' to help you."

Me: "Whatever. How you been?"

Dani: "Good. Damon's good. Baby momma still triflin'."

Me: "Where is he, Damon?"

Dani: "Over there with my friends' girlfriends."

Me: "Go find you somebody. Damon needs a maternal figure in his life."

Dani: "I got somebody picked out, but she aint never single and she live in a different state."

Me: "Boy after Quincy I was single for two years."Dani: "How you knownI was talkin' bout you?"

Me: "Cause you say that same thing every time I see you."

Dani: "Okay then set me up with somebody. She can't be shorter than 5'3" or taller than 5'9". She needs to know how to cook and bake. She gotta like kids. She gotta be a nice person. She must have a body."

Me: "You such a dude. Ain't no woman like that would date a man with a kid. Lower your standards."

Dani: "I ain't datin' you so I did."

Me: "You just need a nice, cute girl that can put up with kids."

Dani: "Nah I need a you, but you stay playin' games. Talm bout you have a boyfriend."

Me: "Wait now. You had your chance. You had two years; I wasn't gonna wait forever. The minute I saw a dude better lookin' than you, I jumped on it."

Dani: "So he better lookin' than me?"

Me: "He look like a grown man. You still have that baby face. And he brown skin."

Dani: "You can't say nothin with your light skin self. You know what you ain't all that either. You too tall, your hair too short, yea."

Me: "All I said was that you have a baby face. Dang you ain't Drake get out your feelin's."

Dani: "I ain't in my feelin's. You just way out yours. That place changed you."

Me: "How did I change? Cause I'm lettin' you know the truth? I been thought this, but you so damn sensitive."

Dani: "So if you been thought this why you friends with me?"

Me: "Cause you been here."

Dani: "Exactly. So why you act like all these new dudes everything? I been here and always will be. So why you off tryin' to date these dudes that don't ... nevermind."

Me: "No what was you gone say?"

Dani: "Why you off tryin' to date these dudes that not gone be here like I am. After 21 years of fightin' I'm still here. You know these lil' boys leave after the second argument or you do. Ain't nobody gone care about you like I care about you and ain't nobody gone care about me like you care about me. Why would you want to be with anyone who will give you less than I would give you?"

Me: "Cause I gotta live. Our relationship is not normal nor healthy. We'll never live our lives if we just stick to each other."

Dani: "Yea we would. We did it before Quincy came. And you got sick of him."

Me: "The night I broke up with Quincy was the night you got that girl pregnant. Doesn't that say somethin'?"

Dani: "Yea the timing was bad. You should have been ended it with him."

Me: "Why are you making everything my fault?"

Dani: "Cause I stay the same and you always changin'. I was doin' the same thing our whole life and you wanna explore other places and shit."

Me: "I don't change, I try new thing. Maybe you should too. What you scared of? If we did the same thing our lives then we would be bored. We would be bored with each other. As times change our surroundings change and that's what makes us hold on. Thats why we're still friends."

Dani: "Whateva. So is he the one?"

Me: "Don't know yet."

Dani: "Could he be?"

Me: "Ion know. We're seriou but not that serious. Do you get it?"

Dani: "Of course I do. So do you like him more than Quincy?"

Me: "Oh hell yea."

Dani: "You must really like him."

Me: "I do, but Quincy brings bad memories. Speaking of him, I ran into him at the mall two days ago. He was trying to talk me into getting back with him. No thank you."

Dani: "He wasn't that bad."

Me: "Yes he was."

Our conversation was so good that I forgot about my tan.

Dani in MM. Don't yall miss him?
Vote and comment!