Chapter 10: Let's Talk Like Real Adults

Terrance POV

Miranda and I leave the club holding hands. The minute we get in this car, we're talking. I'm playing no games with this. It really hurt me when she said "Thank you" and not "I love you too" or something like that. I was really expecting her to tell me that she felt the same way because we had been dating for a year and even though I've been feeling this for a long time, I decided to tell her tonight when I knew I could get her in a good mood.

The minute we get in the car I start talking.

"We been together for a year and I just told you that I love you. Don't you think that's long enough? I mean I really felt we were at that point. We don't have any problems, the sex is good, we have fun together, we tell each other everything, what did I miss?"

"Did you just say that we don't have any problems? We have problems. I'm definitely the jealous type and you're worse than me! YOU GO THROUGH MY PHONE! Who does that shit? You don't trust me and I haven't proven to you that you shouldn't."

"I trust you. It's that lah friends of yours that I don't trust. He knows you have a man and still sends you shirtless pictures. I know he's got something for you. It's really hard to be around you and not be in love with you. I know how these dudes think. How you think I got you?"

"This is so dumb. You know what. I love you. Are you happy now? Can we stop this conversation?"

"So I pour my heart out to you and you throw those words out simply out of annoyance? Nah I don't wanna hear it if you don't mean it. Do you seriously not love me?"

"I do! I just said I did. I just wanted to end this conversation."

"Then why didn't you say it when I first said it?"

"Cause it was an uncomfortable situation. It was so random and out of the blue. I wasn't the slightest bit ready for you to tell me that."

"My bad, I was in the moment. But are we good?"

"Yea but you gotta work on that jealous streak."

"Aight cool as long as I know this is going somewhere."