Pizza Night

I do not own TMNT! I only own my stories, my ideas, and my characters!
****************

Your parents were out of town for the week, and lucky for you they trusted you to take care of yourself. Tonight you were feeling fancy, so you decided to make your own home-made pizza for dinner. You spent all day making the dough, but then you realized you didn't have any tomatoes or toppings. Luckily you only live a few blocks away from the closest grocery store, so you decided to walk down to the store while your pizza dough was setting in the fridge.

You weren't planning on buying a lot, but you got a little carried away. You thought what's better than making your own pizza dough? Making your own sauce! So, you bought fresh tomatoes, oregano, chili pepper flakes, and garlic. You also bought mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and jelly beans. You secretly loved putting jelly beans on your pizza, it just added that extra crunch.

Unfortunately it took you a lot longer to gather all the ingredients, so by the time you left the store, it was already dark. It wasn't really a big deal since you only lived a couple of blocks away, so you didn't think much of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On your way home, you had to pass quite a few alleys. It made you a lot more nervous to pass them in the dark. You clutched the paper bag filled with all of your ingredients closer to your chest, as you eyed each and every corner of the alleys that you passed by. You let out a huge breath, that you didn't even realize you were holding in the first place, when you saw the window to your apartment.

"Almost there," you said to yourself.

Just as you were about to pass the last alley before home, you felt two hands grip your shoulders and pull you backwards. You didn't even have time to scream before you dropped everything, and got yanked further into the darkest parts of the sidewalk. You saw the street lights get dimmer and dimmer as you were pulled further and further into the darkness, and only then did you manage to scream. Your scream was cut off short for your captor had clamped his clammy hand over your face. The putrid and overwhelming scent of sweat and alcohol violated your nostrils, and brought tears to your eyes. You tried to scream again, but the only thing that could be heard were the "mmmm's" that pushed their way up your throat.

"Is this it?" You thought to yourself. Is this where you will die?

Suddenly, your captor's grip loosened from your defenseless body, and you were pushed to the ground with a thud. From behind you, you could hear the drunken cries and grunts from the man that stole you away from the light. You feared someone much worse had come along, so you covered your head with your hands, attempting to hide in the darkness of the alley.

Then the dreadful cries had vanished. Everything was silent, but you dared not move an inch. What felt like minutes, but was only mere seconds that went by. You suddenly heard footsteps trekking their way towards you. You quivered in fear, awaiting what was to come next.

"Are you alright?"

"Huh?" You thought. You slowly removed your hands from your head before looking up.

A turtle?

You just looked up at the man-turtle, clearly speechless. He just scratched the back of his head while trying to avoid your eyes. He seemed rather flustered.

"Umm... My name's Mikey." The turtle said. He then looked to you for approval, but you just kept staring up at him while sitting on your knees.

"That man... He won't hurt you anymore, I made sure of it." He continued still a little flustered.

You had been so shocked by seeing a mutant turtle, that you had completely forgotten that this turtle had saved your life. Oh, how foolish you felt. Your cheeks became flushed from embarrassment.

"I'm sorry for staring," you said. He seemed surprised at your words.

"It's ok. It happens a lot." He chuckled to himself. You gave him a sincere smile.

"Thank you for saving me."

"No problem, dudette." He seemed a lot calmer, and less flustered now. He flashed you a boyish grin before giving you his hand to help you up. You quickly accepted, and took his hand. He was quite strong, and managed to pull you up without a moment of hesitation.

"Thanks," you said again. He just grinned down at you.

"Oh," he said suddenly before turning around. You just looked at him curiously. He bent down to pick something up before turning back around to face you.

"You dropped this." He sad finally.

"Oh, my groceries! I completely forgot about them." He handed them to you, and you thanked him for the third time that night.

"You sure have a lot of groceries," he chuckled. "Cooking something special?" He asked cheekily. You grinned and told him you were making pizza.

"Pizzzzza!" He drooled. You giggled, and he immediately wiped his lip before blushing furiously. You thought for a moment before deciding to ask:

"Did you want to come over for some pizza?" He seemed a bit surprised by your request, and you immediately regretted it. What were you thinking? You just met the guy and now you're asking him to come over for pizza? He must think you're a creep.

"Sure," he said with a huge grin. He said "yes?" You couldn't believe it!

"Great!" You said with a smile and a slight blush. You started to lead Mikey to your apartment.

"You know," he started. "I'm an excellent cook!"

"Really? Then maybe you can help me finish making the pizzas," You asked.

"Of course," he said. "Making them is just as fun as eating them."

"Yeah," you giggled.

"Hey, you know what's really good on pizza?" He said while following you to your apartment.

"What's that?" You asked curiously.

"Jelly beans."

***************

My second one shot is complete!!!! I don't know if you guys can tell, but I wanted this one to sound different than my last one... Do you think it sounds mature? Do you like it this way? This one is pretty long too, so I'm really happy about that!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
-SweeetDreamz