Ch.4

-Axel- 

It's the last day of Christmas break. Hiro has woken up a few times in the past two weeks, but he hasn't spoken at all. His jaw is completely healed by now and he could talk if he wanted to, he just chooses not to.

Christmas wasn't as cheery this year. My parents know by now that Hiro is my mate, including my beta Beau. I told them I am going to reject him, I have made up my mind. Once Hiro is healed all the way I will just let him go on his way, he doesn't need to know anything about my world.

My parents fought and argued with me about keeping my mate, but I refused to reason with them. I refuse to be gay just for my mate. Why couldn't Hiro at least be a girl? It would make sense for him to be a girl anyway, I mean, he likes dicks after all.

I stay by Hiro's side most of the time though. My wolf fights with me when I'm away from him. He argues with me when I think about rejecting our mate. Why can't my wolf see what I see? What do I see exactly?

I look down at Hiro's sleeping figure. I know what I see. I see a broken gay boy. The bruises from his jaw are now a pale yellow, barely visible. His shoulder is healed up, but his abdomen still needs some work done. I see a boy who can't even look at me without having to look away pained. I guess he has his reasons, I mean, I used to beat him up. I watched as my pack member's beat him up, everyone beat him up.

We wouldn't beat him up though if he didn't act the way he does. Just one look at him makes you want to punch him. There's just something about him that makes you uneasy. Even the teachers at school pick on him. There's just something unsettling about him.

The broken gay boy. That's what I see. I know he needs help, but from what? He lives in a happy home, at least the last I knew of he did. His father is a great man. His mother left them when Hiro was six though, no one knows where she went. I used to watch in envy as Hiro and his parents would take family walks around town every Sunday afternoon. They looked so happy back then. I was jealous because I never got that family affection. With my father being the Alpha he never had time for walks in the park. He was always so busy with everything else than to show he loved me or my mother. Maybe that's the reason I hate Hiro so much. I can't stand that he has parents, or has one parent, that loves him so much.

I know my mother loves me, but she is always too busy with the pack Pups to be with me. She used to be one of the packs Pup Sitters, the woman who watches the pups as their parents do their Pack job. Once she mated with my father and became Luna she decided that she couldn't give up her Pup Sitting job.

Hiro stirs in his sleep. Doctor James says that Hiro should be fine to go back home within two weeks. I have to admit that I don't feel good about the idea. Something unsettling sits deep in my stomach at the thought of him going home. Maybe my wolf just wants him to stay with us. My wolf knows that Hiro can't be mated in his condition right now so I am able to touch him with ease. Not that I touch him all the time. Doctor James has me help him change his wounds now and then.

"Are you awake?" I ask as the heart monitor spikes up a notch.

The monitor spikes again. Hiro opens his eyes and stares at me. His blue eyes are dull as they stare at me, sadness fills them. Why is he sad?

"Do you feel alright?" I ask him. He gives me a thumbs up. "You can talk to me now, Hiro." He already know this though.

I have been trying to get Hiro to talk to me ever since the brace came off. He looks away from me.

"You can go home soon." I say. The heart monitor slows it's beeping. "Do you want to go home?" I ask him worried.

He seems to fight with himself as he gives me a thumbs up. Does he really want to go home? My wolf is hurt at the thought of him leaving us.