Ch.5

-Hiro-

"Was that your boyfriend, fag!" Dad screams at me. Someone came to the house looking for me, Axel was the only person who came to my mind. Hazel knows not to come to my house. I haven't spoken to her in ages.

Dad's fist comes up and punches me in the face, right where my jaw has barely healed. I didn't know where to go since Hazel went to her grandparents for Christmas Break. I had no choice but to go home, if I can even call it that. Dad beat me until my stomach wound opened up again and bled all over the place. He beat me for jumping out of his car. He beat me for being gone so long. He beat me for being alive still. He beat me for just being me.

"You f***ing fag!" He kicks me repeatedly in the shin until I fall to the ground. "I thought I beat the fag out of you?" He slams his liquor bottle on the top of my head. It doesn't break so he does it again and again until it finally shatters, spilling its contents on me.

My head feels like it is going to explode from the hits. I see spots in my vision and know he is going to kill me. A bad feeling fills my whole entire body until I am shaking with fright.

"You f***ing b***h!" He screams when he sees the alcohol run down my face, it burns when it trickles into my eyes. I scream out in pain, am I going to go blind now?

I scramble for my feet but he pushes me back down. He is filled with rage as he grabs a fistful of my hair and starts to drag me. My whole body screams out in pain. I try my best to stand up and walk with him as he rips out my hair. He drags me down the stairs and through the house until we reach the one place I fear the most. The basement.

Everyone has their fears. Mine being the basement. I have my reasons too. I have fears of being locked down there in the dark and being left to die. I was thankful my dad never put me down there. Until now.

He opens the door and pushes me down the stairs. I tumble down them, trying to keep my neck up. I know I will break my neck if I don't protect it. My body hits the last step and I sprawl out on the cold wet concrete floor. The door slams shut and I hear the lock on it click.

I let the tears come. They spill from my face like a geyser. My body aches so bad that I can't even move it. My head feels like it is going to explode from any movement so I lay there in a puddle of moldy water. The air reeks of mold and water. I am going to die here. My worst fear.

*****555*****

I don't know how long I have been down here. The dirty windows are covered by the snow outside so I have no way of telling if it is day or night. The basement is freezing and the water on the ground turns to ice in some places. I see my breath thick in the air. Why haven't I died yet? I haven't eaten in who knows how long. The hunger pangs have finally left my body empty inside. I no longer spasm every time the hunger pangs hit me.

My body is still. I have barely moved since I was thrown down here. It hurts my lungs to breath, and any movement causes them to work harder. Blood is dried on my stomach, which crunches every time I move at all. My shirt is stiff and hard from blood and moldy water. I can feel myself being poisoned by the air. I'm pretty sure I have a fever from my stomach wound being infected. I know it is infected by the green and yellow puss dripping from it and the angry red and blue coloring around it. God must really hate me if he is going to let me suffer like this. Just let me die already!

I would have killed myself already if I had the energy and strength. There is nothing really down here. A broken light above my head, a shelf full of spray chemicals for who knows what, a broken chair with only two legs, one window covered by dirt, mold, and snow. Nothing else is in the room.

If I could move I would have drank a bottle of the chemicals. I have been thinking about it forever now. Jeff wants me dead, so I'll help him. Swallowing the chemicals would be a faster way to die than being poisoned by the air and my infected wound.