Ch.9

-Hiro-

My eyes slowly open and I blink at the ceiling above me. That's not my cracked ceiling. My heart starts to race in fear and I sit up in the bed suddenly. I blink as I take in the room. A blue comforter lays on top of me. A desk with a laptop on it. A TV with an Xbox. This is Axel's bedroom. Last night comes flooding back to me. I look at the empty bed I'm in. Wasn't I supposed to sleep somewhere else? Did Axel not sleep in his own bed?

I yawn and stretch as I get out of the bed. I have to pull my pants up since they fall down from the movement. I don't even bother with changing as I slowly open the bedroom door. Smells drift through the air and hit my nostrils. My stomach growls. I barely touched my food last night.

I follow the long hall to the stairs that I remember from last night. The smell of food gets stronger as I walk to the main floor of the house. I follow my nose mostly, to the big dining hall. Only a few people sit at the long table eating already.

"Hiro," A male says. I blink at the man who sits at the head of the table farthest from me. He looks familiar but I can't place him. "Come, come sit with me,"

I smile sheepishly and walk to the far end of the table. I take the seat on his left and smile at him.

"How did you sleep last night?" He asks me. He has deep green eyes like Axel. Maybe there related.

"Oh, uhm," I rub the back of my neck with my hand. "I guess I actually slept really well," I chuckle. Axel's bed was like sleeping in the clouds.

"That's good," The man says and sips his black liquid, probably coffee. "Help yourself to the food, please," He motions with his free hand at the platters of food in front of them.

I gulp as I look at the heaps of food. I grab a waffle, and pile on hash browns. I pour myself some orange juice and sip on it. I look back at the man who nibbles on a piece of bacon, lost in thought.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask him.

He clears his throat and looks at me. "Of course, son,"

I sigh. Is this going to sound rude? "Who are you?" I bite my lip. "I mean, I think I've seen you around before, but I don't know, I'm not quite sure."

The man chuckles. "Axel hasn't introduced us yet." He glances up at a few people who walk into the room and take a seat at the long table. He looks back at me. "I am William, his father."

My heart skips a beat. This is Axel's father. I take a deep breath and nod my head. "You're the Alpha around here," Axel told me last night while I was eating about his father being the Alpha, head of the Alphamoon Pack.

William set his coffee down and stares at me. "He told you?"

"Yeah," I stare at William. It's odd just how much Axel and William look alike. Now that I know he's his father I can see him in him. William is a handsome man, just like Axel. Is this what Axel will look like when he's older?

A woman comes and sits on the other side of William and smiles at him. She looks across the table at me and smiles a little wider.

"Good morning, Hiro." She says in a cheerful tone. Her long brown hair tied back into a ponytail.

"Morning," I mumble.

"This would be his mother, Maybell," William says to me. I nod my head at them both and stare at my plate of food. My stomach flips with nerves. Why am I so nervous?

The room slowly fills with people who chatter at each other as they eat. I stare down at my plate of food, barely touching it, I drink all of my orange juice though.