Ch.2

-Axel-

I lean against the concrete wall as I wait for Beau to get back. I've only been waiting fifteen minutes, yet it feels like hours. I am angry that I have to wait. I start to pace in the snow until a death scream fills the night air. My ears perk up and my head snaps to the side in the direction of the scream. A sick feeling makes me want to hurl. My inner wolf growls menacingly, wanting to be free. He claws at me but I push him back down harshly. My stomach feels sick as I smell the strong aroma of blood, lots of blood.

I follow the scent of blood. My heightened eyesight works great in the night so I am able to spot a figure running, but from what? I watch him jump a fence and run right for me. I'm positive he can't see me though, it's too dark for humans to see.

"Hiro?" I whisper to myself as I finally catch a glimpse at his face.

He throws something to the ground. Seconds later he falls with it. I pick up my speed and peer over him. He is already laying in a pool of his own blood. He looks up at me, hurt all over his bloody and beaten face.

"Finish it already," He whispers in a scratchy voice. I have to strain my ears to hear him. His eyes go dark and his face falls back into the snow.

"Hiro!" I yell. I don't like the kid, but even he doesn't deserve to die, especially like this, laying in a pool of his own blood.

I quickly flip him over to pick him up but stop dead in my motion. A knife sticks out from his abdomen. I know not to pull it out. Even though his shirt is black you can still tell it is blood soaked. He reeks of blood but I can ignore it.

"Meet me at the Pack House immediately!" I scream through the mind link I have with Beau.

"On my way!" He yells back frantically. I don't even feel bad that he was with his newly found mate.

I pick Hiro up carefully and cradle his small frail body against my chest. His body is lifeless as I run in my wolf speed and into the forest. The Pack House is only a mile out but I fear I won't make it in time.

"Bringing in someone! Be ready to heal him!" I scream through the mind link to the Pack House doctors.

"On it already!" One of the doctors says through the mind link.

I run as fast as I can, Hiro's blood soaking my white shirt. His body gets jostled as I run but I can't help it, I have to get him to the doctors. I wish I can turn into my wolf but I would have no way of keeping Hiro on my back. I run faster in full wolf form though.

I reach the Pack House in five minutes and fly past the front door. The fellow pack members jumping out of my way as Hiro's blood drips to the floor in splotches.

"Out of my way!" I scream throughout the house. Everyone jumping behind doors or flattening themselves against a wall.

I fly through the infirmary doors to where my father and the Pack doctors wait patiently. They see Hiro's broken body in my arms and rush to take him from me. My father ushering me out the door.

"Come on, Axel!" He growls at me and has to drag me to his office.

He pushes me into his office and I nearly fall on my face but quickly regain balance.

"What the f**k?" I growl at him.

"Tell me exactly what happened and why the f**k you brought a human here!" He screams at me. "And take that shirt off your getting blood on my carpet,"

I glare at him and remove the bloody shirt, throwing it in his trash can by his desk. Hiro's blood streaks my bare chest.

"What happened?" My father asks again, this time calmer.

"I was just waiting for Beau when I heard someone scream. So I started to follow the scent of blood and then came Hiro running for his life. He fell and I found a knife stuck in his stomach." I say frantically.

"Why didn't you just take him to a regular hospital?" My father asks and pinches the bridge of his nose, he only does that when he's stressed or has a headache.

"I don't know." I say honestly. "Something told me not to. My wolf refused to let me too."

My father looks at me and just nods his head. "Your birthday is tomorrow," He says off topic.

"Yeah, so,"

"Never mind," He says. "Just go to bed, please,"

"What about, Hiro?" I can't just leave him there like that. My wolf wants to see if he's okay but I push him back down. "I need to know he's alive,"

"There is nothing you can do tonight," He pushes me out his door. "Now go to bed," He commands. I can do nothing but obey.

I smell the strong scent of Hiro's blood and my wolf pushes to be free. Why is he acting so crazy over this human? He has never obliged to Hiro's blood before. Me and the guys have beat Hiro plenty of times to know.

I slowly make my way to my bedroom and strip my blood stained pants off. I throw them in the trash and jump in the shower.

*****555*****

My wolf wakes me up sometime early in the morning. He tries to claw his way to the surface and I have to force him down. I smell the air with the faint smell of something wonderful. It's not food so I am confused. It smells like life, like heaven, indescribable.

My feet hit the floor and I pull on sweatpants and tug on a random shirt and follow the scent out of my room. The halls are empty as I make my way quietly down the stairs. The house is big but the smell gets stronger as I go through halls. I reach the infirmary and stop dead in my tracks as the scent is at its strongest. I gulp and push open the door. I am flooded by the heavenly scent and the faint trace of blood. I follow the scent deeper into the room until I reach the very last cubical.

I stare down at him. I wouldn't even be able to tell who it was if I wasn't the one who brought him in just last night. I stare down at Hiro's bandaged body. He has some type of metal brace on his neck holding up his head. Something covers his mouth and jaw while he has tubes stuck in his nose to help him keep breathing. Tubes run attached underneath his bandages everywhere. A clip is stuck on one of his fingers while needles are stuck in his arms running to multiple giant machines. A heart monitor shows his heart beating a steading rhythm.

I gulp as I realize what is happening. My wolf pushes and claws his way to the surface, I feel him taking over until I manage to force him back down. I turn on my heel and bolt out the door. I run through the house and bust out the front door and shift, not even removing my clothes first.

My wolf can't take over, I have to stay in control. If I let him in control he will go right back to Hiro and mark him as his own. I have to get far away from here, from him.

I have to force my wolf to stay down as I run. I must have run for miles because I am on the border of my father's territory, soon to be mine. I slow down and trot next to the border, never stepping a foot off our ground. I walk and think.

Hiro cannot be my mate! I need a woman for my Luna, not a male. I can't possibly keep him as my mate. If I kept him as my mate then that would make me gay. I know Hiro is gay, but I am definitely not gay. I am straighter than a ruler. I couldn't be any straighter. Hiro on the other hand couldn't be any gayer. He's not that open about it, but everyone still knows.

Maybe that's the reason everyone bullies him. Why me and my pack bully him. Why did I have to bully him? No, I know why I bullied him. He's weird, a freak, different. I'm different though, I'm a f***ing werewolf for f**ks sake. But Hiro is gay. You should pick on the gay guy. Guys are supposed to love and crush on girls, not guys. Right?

_________________________________555_______________________________________

Word Count: 1462

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!! :D