Chapter 9

Aurora's POV

I awoke the next morning at 5:45 to get ready for school. As I went through my normal routine for the day I thought back to last night. I was kind of disappointed that Louis and I didn't kiss, but then again, anytime we move forward in our friendship- relationship thing, he always takes 3 steps back. I could understand why he wouldn't want a relationship from what happened with Malia, but at the same time, I'm not asking for a relationship, only a friendship. I have never had many friends, so making some would be cool.

I walked downstairs in my hoodie and skinny jeans with my hair wavy and make up done lightly, just like every other day. My backpack was slung over my right shoulder and bounced as I made my way down. I rounded the corner into the kitchen, and grabbed a banana, and then noticed, I hadn't talked to my parents since Sunday. It was now Tuesday, and I really wanted to talk to them, so I picked up my phone and dialed my mothers number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mom." I said into the receiver.

"Hey, sweetie. How have you been?"

"I've been pretty good. I miss you guys."

"I- we miss you too. You can come back home Wednesday if you would like, but your father and I need you to come by tonight for dinner. We need to talk." she said her voice cracking a bit.

"Okay, um- are you okay?" Her voice was always so joyful, I don't ever remember her sounding this sad.

"Oh-um yes!" She said piping up again.

"Well, if I need to come to dinner tonight, then why don't I just come home after school?"

"NO! Uh- you wont want to do that.." She said trailing off.

"Oh. Okay, well love you mom, I have to go."

"I love you too, sweetie. Have a good day."

I ended the phone call and sat my phone down sighing. I slowly opened the banana that had sat in my hand for the last 10 minutes. I began to chow down, noticing I was super hungry, but also because my mind was running a mile a minute due to the conversation I had previously with my mother.

Why did she sound so upset? Was she just tired? That had to be it. I mean, she has everything she's ever wanted, she's told me her self. She has a loving husband, a daughter that makes good grades and good decisions, and a nice house, and her dream job. She always told me thats all she wants in life. She has to just be tired, but then again, why do they want me over for dinner? Is she pregnant again? Is that why she's upset? Or maybe they just miss me and want me home? Then again, though, if that was the reason, they would just tell me to come home tonight, but they only want me for dinner.

"Woah, slow down there. What did that banana ever do to you?" Niall laughed walking into the kitchen with his backpack, and Paisley on his hip. She had her head on his shoulder and her blue eyes were tired.

"Oh.. right." I laughed lightly and threw the peel in the trash.

"You alright?" He asked looking at me with concern laced through his tone.

"Yup! I'm fine!" I smiled. He just nodded, although I knew he wasn't convinced.

"I have to drop Paisley off early, so we have to leave now, unless you wanna catch a ride with Louis?"

"No, I'm ready." I nodded grabbing my phone and walking to the front door. He followed behind and yelled to Louis we were leaving.

--

We arrived at school about 20 minutes until the bell. We decided to stop by sonic and get some food and a slush each. I told him about the weird conversation I had with my mom, and he just said to not let it bother me, but how could I not? He's not very good at advice, but then again, neither is Kayt. I always had to solve mine, and their problems.