×Prologue×

It sounded like glass shattering. As if they had set up bottles on a ridge and started to shoot at them, destroying each one. Screams for help, stomping of running feet and screeches of pain sounded from the streets. It was no longer safe here. "Get out of there."

I jumped up from my hiding spot, clamping onto my chest in fear. The shooting was still everywhere. It never stopped. I quickly ran to the nearest wall for cover. "How can I get out of here?"

My eyes went from one spot to another to look for safety, but they were everywhere. Bullets flew around and the only thing stopping them were concrete walls and living bodies. I cursed myself for checking out the sound of guns firing when at the moment of curiosity, I was actually safe in my own home. My stubborn and curious persona moved me to see what caused all the ruccus.

So, out of pure ignorance I made my way into this old and abandoned concrete building, somehow getting myself involved in the gunfight. It obviously were the Legion and the Corps who caused all of this. They were behind everything that'd mean trouble.

I pushed myself against the wall, holding my breath. My stupidity decided to show up and made me look around the corner of the wall to see if I had a chance to run out of here. Unknowingly of what could happen, I darted across the room, covering my head with my hands as if the bullets would be stopped by them. In front of me was the exit. It shined brightly white and caused the darkness in the building to clear up. It made the pillars supporting the building cast shadows on the ground.

Right next to me, someone yelled. 'Kid!' it was, 'catch this!'

Bang.

A shot pierced my shoulder, making me scream in pain. I looked behind me while keeping up my pace, just to see who that asshole was. The man walked directly behind me, holding his gun straight in front of himself, aiming at me. He whipped with his black hair, that had a slight undercut as far as I could see, before giving off a smirk and clicking the safety pin off his gun once again. His eyes pierced through my retina, leaving me frozen for a second. But then, the trigger moved.

Bang.