×7×

The break of dawn made itself knowledgeable by making the birds outside our stay chirp and the sun shine through the curtains. I woke up to a feeling of being held and wanted to turn around, but something or someone stopped me from moving to my back. Behind me was a light snoring, a peaceful sound of the person who I was laying with. 'Levi?' I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and looking down at the sheets.

His arm was around my waist, holding me firmly. He had snuggled his head against my back and had his one leg intertwined with one of mine. It felt awkward and embarrassing. 'L-levi?!' I stumbled, still desperately trying to turn around. The man groaned at my movements.

'Lay still... Damnit, brat...' he mumbled into my clothes. It made me chuckle. 'What?' Levi lifted his head. Suddenly he let go of me and was found at the complete other side of the bed. 'Oh, fuck fuck fuck,' he whispered to himself. I finally sat up and turned to look at Levi, but he had turned his head away from me and covered a part of his face with his hair. Again, I chuckled, 'doesn't matter, Levi. Weird things happen when you fall asleep.'

I scratched the back of my head as I smiled at him and he just crumpled himself up. 'Sorry...' he said, burying his face in his hands. 'Why are you so embarrassed all of a sudden? This is not what I thought of you at all,' I laughed, tilting my head a bit while leaning forward. 'Damnit... I'm not embarrassed...'

'Then look at me.'

'No...'

'Levi, what are you so afraid of?'

'Fucking brat, shut up...'

Levi got up and headed straight into the bathroom, while he locked the door behind him. I sighed. I never thought I'd see him this way. It was pretty funny that he was so embarrassed he was holding me, but I already told him that it was okay.

After giving up on making Levi believe it was honestly okay, I started to change myself in the suit Levi had gifted me. To my surprise it all fit perfectly. Shortly after I'd finished dressing myself, Levi slowly shoved himself out of the bathroom. 'Morning,' he groaned, moving a hand through his combed hair. I wished him a goodmorning, too. 'Jaeger...?' Levi said, his voice still raspy, 'what the fuck is up with your hair?'

I moved a hand to the top of my head and felt a large pluck of hair touching it. Through the mirror I saw most of my hair standing upwards. 'Let me comb it for you,' Levi said, 'you don't do it right.' With an arrogant face I agreed.

I sat down before him on the bed, while he was on his knees behind me, combing through my hair. 'Have you put on any cologne yet?' Levi asked, carefully moving the comb. I shook my head and told him, 'no,' then got a bottle of cologne handed to me. Whilst trying my best not to waste any of it, I sprayed it onto my bare neck and gave it back.

'Let's go, you're done.'

*timeskip brought to by the booty*

'Wait, I'll have to do this on my own?' I questioned, totally surprised Levi wasn't coming with me this one time. 'No, I'll be there, watching you, but not supporting you. You don't know me. It's dangerous for me to show up at such a suspicious meeting, so we'll have to do it like this,' the short man answered, glaring at me through the corners of his eyes for a second. 'W-what do you mean suspicious?' Any suppressed nerves started to kick in, my heart was beating fast.

Levi didn't answer and instead focused on the road to the restaurant I'd meet with a man, who'd bring the same briefcase as we did. Arrived, I carried out the briefcase and made way into the restaurant, looking around for said man. It wasn't too long before I noticed him, tucked whole into the right back corner of the restaurant, having a fedora tipped before his eyes. As I walked towards the table and sat down the man did not speak, nor look at me. I remembered what Levi had instructed me before.

"Listen here, brat. The man has the same briefcase as us. He'll want you to put it right next to his, so you can easily switch and it won't be noticed as clearly. Whatever you do, don't freak out, don't call for attention and don't talk to anyone about it. Understand? Now, don't fuck up."

I followed the given instructions and shakily put the briefcases next to eachother. Looking close upon it, I noticed it was the black, shiny thing I saw whilst going through my suitcase. The man before me was slightly eyeing me, playing with his cutlery and wineglass. "Don't freak out." Easily said, but this was definitely freaking me out.

For a moment I thought I recognized the man, with small blonde hairs peeking out from underneath his fedora, but it seemed unlikely, for we were no longer in our own homecountry. 'Boy, you will leave in a moment, with the other briefcase. If you're scamming me, I've already imaged your face. I can easily track you down, since I know your boss. Now, get out of here and let me eat my dinner,' the man said.

I left the restaurant with the other briefcase and saw Levi leaning against the car we had rent to get here. Levi took the briefcase from me and opened it, taking a quick gaze at it and closed it before I could even look at what was inside.

*timeskip back to London, sorry for all the timeskips I'm using, these are all build-ups to the actual story*

'Levi~!' Hanji ran up to us, with a big smile on her face, 'you two are back, finally! What are you going to do with him now?' She was slightly leaning to me, watching deeply into my eyes. I took half a step back, just in case she would be going to do something weird. 'He did... Okay. He was nervous, but the job got done,' Levi informed, surprising me he was positive about me. 'So you delivered the drugs successfully?' Hanji smiled.

'Drugs?!'

'Shitty glasses, why did you fucking say that?' Levi clenched his fists.

'This was a-'

Levi had his hand covering my mouth, silencing me immediately. 'I know I should've told you, but it'd just wreck you more. So, now that you know and you're in this, you pretty much have no other choice than accept my next request,' he paused, 'will you join us?' He lowered his hand and awaited my answer. 'I-I don't know,' I stuttered, taking more steps backwards.

'I might as well introduce you to the other members, though,' Levi mumbled, taking a part of my sleeve between two fingers and then dragging me along by it. We went into the same basement again, but this time it wasn't empty like before. There were eight more people, making a total of eleven in the room.

Hanji excitedly pointed to everyone as she told me their names, 'this small woman here's named Petra Ral, next to her stands Oluo Bossard, followed by Gunther Schultz and Erd Gin. Then we have Jean Kirschstein, with Sasha Braus, Connie Springer and Historia Reiss.'

I was trying to memorize all of their names, but the one that sticked with me the most was Jean Kirschstein, because I could immediately associate his face with a horse, which made me chuckle. 'Repeat,' I heard, coming from right next to me. It was Levi, who was still holding onto my sleeve. 'Ehh, Petra, Oluo, Erd... Gunther, I believe? Jean, Historia... Sasha and Connie!' I spoke, being proud of myself that I had them all right.

Then Levi tugged on my sleeve and had me face him, while I almost stumbled over my own feet. 'Now, brat. Are you joining us, or what?'