×14×

Before all hell broke loose, I quickly grabbed Levi's shoulders with both hands and looked him straight in the eye. He immediately fell forward, I was just in time to catch him. Hanji just stood behind me, still shocked at her boss who tried to land a punch on her.

I maneuvered a hand through his hair, telling him it's okay. He murmured a response into my shirt, but I didn't understand it. Levi buried his face deeper into my chest, wrapping his arms around my waist.

To be very honest, I wasn't as shocked as I was supposed to be. The sudden confession, that was told by Hanji, of him having stalked me, didn't bother me as much. I didn't mind it, even though I would've freaked when it was anyone else. It was the same opinion I had about it, as when Levi and I did the 'thing'. As I put all of the pieces of it together, I honestly felt attracted to Levi. And it was canon.

'Levi?' I said, looking down at him resting on my chest. He was shaking and tensing up over and over again. I had a feeling he would snap anytime soon, but luckily, he didn't. Instead, he relaxed for a moment, brought out a questioning 'yes?' and then started again.

'It's okay.'

He abruptly stopped shaking and looked up at me. 'Is it really?' he whispered, squinting his eyes with a sad expression. I would've never dared to imagine him like this.

'It is,' I said with a smile on my lips. Levi nodded his head, carefully letting go of me and getting back on his own feet. Hanji walked forward, apologised to Levi, excused herself and left the room.

It whirled up in my mind. I had to tell Levi. What I felt. How I felt... He needed to know it. I was ready to spit out the words.

(POV Switch - Ymir)

With widened eyes I stared at the now blank screen. The tape stopped rolling. This footage, the end of it. I knew this was blackmail. This wasn't right. Why was the Legion doing this to them? The Corps are our competition, yes, but this just goes too far. I didn't want to accept what was done and took out the tape, putting it in my pocket. I walked to Erwin's office and knocked on the door.

'Come in,' I heard, as I pushed down the doorhandle. I stepped in and faced Erwin, the boss. 'Ah, hello, Ymir,' he said with a slight smirk, 'what are you here for?'

I bit my lip as I realised I needed to play this off successfully. 'Is it true that... We're going to destroy the Corps with that tape?' I asked as neutral as possible. Erwin pointed to the chair at the other side of his desk and I sat down silently.

'Yeah, it's our gateway to putting down their organisation. We can't afford to suffer like this any longer. Our dealers are more fond of the deals they have with them, rather than ours. We're having big financial problems.'

'But... What's on it? We're not blackmailing them, are we?'

'Sorry, Ymir, but we are. That way we can destroy their sanity and leave them with no choice.'

'I find it unacceptable.'

'That can be, but like I said, we can't afford to suffer like this any longer. The Corps is gaining too much power.'

'Understandable.'

'Any other questions?'

'Yes. What is exactly on the tape that we're blackmailing them with?'

'Something you don't need to know about. You haven't watched it, have you?'

I shook my head, while my mind kept on repeating 'lies, lies, lies'.

'Good. Anything else?'

Again I shook my head and stood up, telling Erwin goodbye, but got held back when I was just about to leave through the door.

'What is that you have in your pocket, Ymir? I hope it isn't what I think it is.'

My body tensed up. I gulped nervously, but managed to push out a small 'no'.

'Show me what it is then, that no doesn't take away my suspicions.'

My feet turned me around as I reached for my pocket. My fingers were just about to touch the smooth surface of the tape, as I made plans for my escape. The adrenaline shot through my whole body and made my heart beat faster in my chest.

'Ymir, don't make me wait.'

I laughed nervously, now making eyecontact with Erwin. 'I'll show you right about...' I prepared to run away, 'now.'

Quickly, I turned back around and made my way through the hallways of our hideout. The sound of my boots clacking on the concrete ground was heard all-around and soon they were joined by another pair of boots. It seemed he took bigger steps than me and would easily catch up to me, so I started sprinting. Hopefully no one would come in my way.

But someone did.

I got grasped by the armpits and pushed to the wall. Before me stood Mike, with a grudge on his face. It was as if he told me he was disappointed in me. Soon enough, Erwin joined beside him. That's where I snapped.

'You can't just scold the Corps for having a gay boss! What's so wrong with being gay?! I don't understand any of you! Just let them be happy with anyone they want!'

It went on and on, but they didn't change even a bit. Instead, Erwin chuckled and sighed, then scoffed me for standing up for society's "outcasts".

'Ymir, you're so dense. Homosexuality is sin, that's just the way it is. I know for sure it'll be just the same in the future, but I don't think many of them would be left.'

I angrily blew air through my teeth, grunting a little bit. 'But still you find lesbians acceptable, right?! You never scolded me for liking Historia!'

'You do? Seriously? A woman and a member of the Corps? Can you sink even lower, Ymir?' it sounded from not far away. The voice belonged to no one other than Reiner, the one who had set up the camera and ran away with it later on.

'Oh, wait,' he said as he came closer, reaching into my pocket and pulling out the tape, 'you already did.'

Erwin took it from him, put it away somewhere and then faced me again. 'I'm sorry, but there's no other way than-'

He got interrupted by a loud explosion and rocks shooting through the hall. We all ducked and stared at the exploded wall. A figure stepped in through it, someone small, but armed. They walked out of the dust, pointing the shotgun at us.

'-to execute you.'

Then I saw who had us at gunpoint, Historia. 'For as far as I'm concerned the only ones getting executed here are you three.'

She sounded so badass and I was impressed she could be this way. I got my hopes up again and started fighting against my own teammates, while Historia kept threatening them with her gun. Thankfully, she wasn't alone. She was followed by Levi, ofcourse, Erd, Gunther and Eren. They were all armed, too, and were actively supporting Historia.

My fist landed on Reiner's jaw, turning his head sideways and leaving me an opening to his neck. I threw another punch, ready to hit him, but my arm got caught by no one other than Mike. He twisted my arm, having me scream in pain. I kicked backwards, in the hope to hit his shin, but it was no success. He kicked my heels. I fell to the ground, on my knees. With my arm being held up in the air, a kick hit my torso on the side. The blow made me start coughing uncontrollably and gasping for air at the same time. He grabbed me by the hair and pulled my head back, almost snapping my back from the rapid movement. I could look him straight in the eye. Then I hear the clicking sound of a gun being aimed and I looked before me.

The gun was pointed at me. It belonged to Erwin. I heard Historia scream, then fall to the ground and being kept there.

'I'll give you the satisfaction of dying together with your loved one,' Erwin said. He had his finger on the trigger, ready to shoot. I saw him nod towards Reiner, who had a gun pointed at Historia's head.

'Bye, bye.'

Bang.

Bang.