×17×

The carride back was long and slow. Everything felt so out of place. We got picked up by Hanji, who frantically was steering the wheel as if she was evading every little thing on the road. I was constantly staring at the empty spot next to me in the backseat. Levi could've been sitting there, but instead he's now with the Legion. Our enemy.

From what I've heard, the Legion only became our enemy because they were our competition toward the ruling of London. They have always been at the lead, for Erwin was a smart man who knew many good tactics and tricks. The Corps, on the other hand, nearbyingly followed them in the second place. They told me they had scared the other mafiagroups away, with Levi's help.

Most of the reason the Corps didn't leave London, was because Levi didn't give up easily and had everyone become stronger in order to beat the Legion's ass. It was on its way, but the Corps still wasn't strong enough to foresee most of Erwin's tactics.

I had zoned out in my thoughts a bit, until a concerned Gunther opened the cardoor and pulled me out. With a confused look on my face, I scanned the area. Everything looked the same, except for one thing. The cafetaria our hideout was housed, was broken in and burned down. The roof had fallen down into the basement and was still burning.

'I'm heading in!' Erd bravely spoke, running through the entrance of the cafetaria, or what was left of it. Gunther followed, saying this would work faster and better.

With Hanji at my side, holding my shoulder, I stared into the flames that were destroying the whole cafetaria. Three persons came running out. Jean, Sasha and Connie. There was no sign of Oluo, or Petra, nor was there anything noticeable about Erd and Gunther coming back.

All three of their faces were terrified and has black wipes on them from the smoke and ashes. They looked horrific, with half-burned clothes and their hair messed up, except for Connie's, who had the pro of barely having any hair.

'You guys... W-what happened?' I stuttered, switching eyecontact between the three of them. Jean looked down at the ground and held his arm tight, locking his teeth on each other. Connie kept silent, with his posture weak.

'Fire...' Sasha breathed, moving a hand through her hair, 'Legion...'

'Woah, Sasha, no need to rush it. Take a deep breath and try to tell us exactly what happened,' Hanji spoke.

She listened to Hanji's advice and breathed in deeply. 'We were just waiting for you to come back, because we couldn't do much without your help. But then, suddenly, the people upstairs started to scream. Oluo headed up there and came back with the message that some of the Legion's members were holding the customers at gunpoint. When they noticed him, one of the guys threw something like a bomb, which exploded just after he had come down. We were all convinced we were going to die in there. Oluo and Petra had opened the closet doors to our food stash and were trying to get most of it in, while us three were busy with the safe. But then, we heard all the people leaving, according to the screams and footsteps and muffled sounds indicating that they were outside. Oluo went to look again, but only came back by falling through the roof of the basement. He had hit his head and become unconscious, which drew Petra's attention and she swore to help him wake up and get him out. We had luckily hid under the tables and survived the crash, but then the upper roof of the building came falling down whilst burning heavily. The flames spread and then Erd and Gunther came and got us out. I think they're still in there trying to get Petra and Oluo out from underneath the debris.'

I was amazed at the choice of words Sasha had, but the feeling of fear overcame it because of the story. Hopefully Erd and Gunther didn't get hurt, but it was taking them a very long time. I was getting worried sick, wondering if I should go and surround myself with fire to go and look for them. It was only a matter of time. Looking for two people who're covered underneath the debris of a fallen roof while the flames are trying to burn you, obviously wasn't an easy task. We could only hope for the best.

'Do you think they'll ever get out?' Jean asked, crossing his arms casually while sweat was dripping from his forehead. It made everyone nervous, which was a soothing realisation. I looked at Hanji, awaiting for a response from our new leader.

She only shook her head defeatedly. She sighed sadly and looked down at the ground. 'I'm sorry, everyone, but I don't think they'll come back,' Hanji said, 'I know Gunther and Erd too well to know that they don't take so long as of now.'

It hurt. It really did. First I lost my mum, which hit me the worst. Then I lost my two closest friends, Mikasa and Armin, simply by joining a mafia that needs me to have as less contact with my surroundings as possible. Third, I lost Historia, a friend who was always there for me, to keep me calm. Fourth, Levi left me. He walked away without even saying a proper goodbye. And now, I'd be losing Erd, Gunther, Oluo and Petra. All four at once.

How much longer was this going to take?

Would I be able to bear it all?

Would it ever just... End?