Chapter 8: Wait since when!

A week has passed since Michael kissed me and I still haven't talked to him. I was back to my friendless self. Today we have no school. It is a teacher work day. So I swing my legs off my bed and stand, finding that I can stand for about thirty seconds before I fall. Since when could I stand for that long. Then I remembered that every day I had been standing for longer each time. I hadn't noticed because I had been deep in thought at the time. I knew that me being able to stand for a little bit did not mean I would ever walk again. My legs were acting on their own accord.

*

*

*

Kaley's Father's P.o.V

Every day I notice her legs getting stronger but I can't bring myself to tell her she will be able to get better. If I did tell her she would have been angry because I have not told her when she had the right to know. Right now she probably thinks her legs are getting stronger but aren't going to be able to move. I feel terrible, but I know its what must be done. Today me and Zoey are planning our wedding. The day I told Kaley, she had a boy walking home with her. I don't take her to school anymore. We have slowly drifted apart. I think her mother is what kept our family together. Maybe Zoey will take on that role after we are married. She has already picked out her dress. (The picture is of her dress.) I still need to find a suit and we need bridesmaid and groom outfits. So we still have a lot of planning to do. We decided that the accent color would be teal. Kaley doesn't want to be a part of the crew. She doesn't want someone who will replace her mother.

*

*

*

Kaley's P.o.V

I have been really stressed out lately, but I have managed to dance a little. It takes a lot out of me to do. I can do rolls and can force my legs into a split and straddle. Since I can't feel my my legs I can go into a full split and straddle. Sometimes I think I feel a hint of pain from stretching my legs. It has to be a hallucination. I asked my father and he just ignored my question and started talking about his wedding. If he didn't answer my question it means one of two things. One, he might not have heard my question. Two, he knew something I didn't. I hoped it was option one but ask I kept asking questions and he kept ignoring me I started to think it was option two. But why would he keep this type of information from me? Especially when it concerns me and my condition. Next time I see him, I am going to confront him and his suspicious behavior.

A/N- So what do you think. Should I countinue on this path or should I make something else tragic happen. I can't believe so many of you are reading my story and I would like to thank puppycat2003 for supporting me.

See ya, Em