Chapter 3: but....

Today is the day I go home, but I have to do it in a wheelchair. This accident has ruined my whole career. I wish it could have taken my life away with it. The nurse that answered all my questions when I first woke up is bringing me out to my family, or what is left of them. When my father sees me he takes the wheelchair from the nurse and brings me to the front desk there he signs some papers and we leave the hospital. Hopefully for good. On the drive home not a word is spoken. At home I try to wheel myself to my room but my arms are still weak from the accident. So my father brings me to my room and lies me in bed.

In the morning I have school. I didn't want to go but my father is making me. He now has to help me get dressed until I am stronger. I have him put a knee length purple dress and my purple flats. I then successfully bring myself to the bus stop while eating a asiago bagel. The driver stops and picks me up to put me in my seat then he puts the chair next to me.

At lunch I sit with Vivi and Cary. They talk to me like normal but in their eyes I can see their embarrassment of me. As soon as the bell rings they rush off together leaving me alone. I sigh, will things ever be the same again? Suddenly a boy comes up to me. Not any boy but the boy I have been crushing on for ages. "I heard what happened and I just wanted to say that I am sorry that it happened to you." he says then walks off leaving me alone in the almost empty hallway. The boy that I just faced was Micheal. He is on the football team at our school. I head to class still surprised that Micheal actually talked to me.

After school my dad picks me up because I called him while at school saying I didn't want to ride the bus anymore. "How was school?" he asks me. All I do is shrug my shoulders because I can't be bothered to answer. I am all caught up in a daydream of Micheal kissing me. "Hello. Earth to Kaley, are you in there." I giggle my dad is so funny when he wants to talk about something important. "Yes?" I ask kind of annoyed that he brought me out of my daydream. "As I was saying, the school called me about taking you out of dance since you can't participate anymore. Is there another class you are interested in?" His question angers me. Of course I don't want to drop out of dance. "No, dad I am going to find a way to dance without the wheelchair. You can pull me out of after school classes but I will not drop out of dance at school. I will find a way to dance on the ground!"

A/N- This is where the story is about to take of the last three chapters were really just to introduce what is going to happen in the future of young Kaley's life. If you want me to describe more of Kaley's school time please tell me in the comments. :)

Now Bye-bye (Dances out of the room)