Chapter 17: Therapy

"I have been growing away from every one. I have been really depressed and lonely. But I haven't harmed my self in any way yet." I mumble to her. "I see." She replies thoughtfully.

***

Zoey looked over her shoulder at me as we pulled into the drive way. The therapy session had involved a lot of talking and was quite boring (A/n- SINCE NO ONE COULD TELL ME WHAT A THERAPY SESSION WAS LIKE?!). "What did you think?" She asked me. "Boring." I muttered and tried to get out of the car on my own. Key word tried. Zoey came around the side of the car and helped me out. "Remember that you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled then stumbled off.

I soon made it to the safety of my room and flung myself at my bed. Rolling over, I reach to grab my phone of the side table. I then turn it on and snuggle under my covers.

***

Today soon turns to tomorrow.

Zoey drags me from my bed and tells me to get ready. I crawl over to my dresser and get out my outfit before grabbing my backpack and rolling downstairs. Zoey drags me out to the car, shoves me in, and drives off.

We arrive at the doctor in ten minutes flat.

When it is my turn the doctor runs all the normal tests. He then brings me to a room where he test my reflexes. "You have gained much more strength in your legs." He tells me while testing my legs reflexes. "But I would recommend a rehab class to get them back to the way they were before."

"Fine." I mumble knowing I won't be able to get out of this.

Later the doctor hands me a piece of paper with the name of a rehab center on it.

***

I arrive at school a little while later. Since the bell already rung, I had to go through the front office.

Ms.Bell, the person at the front desk, gave me a pass that explains why I was late and sent me off to class.

***

The final bell rang and everyone rushed out of the classroom. I hobbled along behind everyone else.

Soon I made it to the tree, the normal meeting spot of my friends and I. Underneath it's branches stood Cary and Vivian. I trudged over to them and tapped on their shoulders.

"Hey, where were you this morning?" Cary asked. "Doctor." I sighed. "Oh." She said looking down.

"I think we should get going. I don't know about you but I have a lot of homework!" Vivi chimed in. She walked off with Cary walking next to her and me struggling to keep up.

***

We soon reached my house. I waved goodbye as they continued to walk down the road to their houses.

I pulled myself up the stairs towards my room. There I flop down on my back and pull out my homework. Sighing, I get to work.

***

Today is the day of my rehab session. My father pulls up to the glass doors and sends me out. I glide out as gracefully as I can and drag myself to the desk.

Minutes later a lady comes and calls my name. She tells me to follow her to the back.

A/n- ok so this story has one chapter left, not including the epilogue which will lead into the second book, Dancing in Her Shadow. Sorry it is so short but I wanted it to get done and I have semi writers block.

See ya,
Emma