Chapter 9

*RECAP*

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I stop and look at him. I can't believe what I just heard. We only met a couple days ago. I don't know what to say.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Yeah, I like you," he says, looking at me.

"I like you too, but we just met," I say, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Yeah, I know, but we can get to know each other while we date."

"I prefer to get to know someone before we date." I say, but I think to myself, I've never dated anyone.

"Well, I guess we could get to know each other first," he says, with a hurt look on his face.

We walk in silence for a couple of minutes before Sam breaks it.

"I made myself look like an idiot back there, didn't I?"

"No, I think I made myself look like an idiot," I say with a slight smile.

"That's not possible," he says looking at me.

"And why is that?"

"Because you could never look like an idiot," he says and leans in. Our lips connect and I feel time stop. It feels like we're the only two people when we kiss, but this kiss was short-lived because we got interrupted by the skank again.

"Oh my God, you're kissing her?! Eww!" Brittany says, walking up to Sam and puts her arm around him.

"What is wrong with you? Can't you see we're in the middle of something?" Sam says, pushing Brittany off of him. He puts his arm around my waist and pulls me closer.

I look up at Sam in disbelief. Sam really does like me. I look Sam straight in the eyes and say something that lights up his face.

"Yes."

"Really?"  

"Yes," I say and look over at Brittany, who has a confused look on her face.

"What are you looking at?" I ask with a dirty look on my face.

"Are you guys-" Brittany asks but is cut off by Sam.

"What's it to ya?"

"I thought it was gonna be me, not this ugly troll," she says, with a somewhat hurt look on her face.

"Why would he wanna be with a ho?" I ask, with an innocent look on my face. 

"I-I-I," she stutters and walks away.

We walk in the other direction and I lace our fingers together.

"Would it be OK if I watched some TV at your house for a while?" Sam asked, kinda nervous.

"Yeah, my parents will be totally fine with it."

We get to my house and walk inside. I see a tall figure come up and hug me. I don't realize who it is until I feel boobs in my eye.

"Oh my God, you're getting so big!" I hear my older sister scream.

"Yeah, I guess. Um, what are you doing here?" I ask nervously. I miss my sister and all, but I have Sam over and I know her. She'll ask awkward questions and make him feel uncomfortable. She does it when I have friends over. To be clear, my sister is 18 and a freshmen in college.

"I'm home from college for the weekend. I wanted to see the fam even though college is only 3 three days in," she says with a laugh, as if it's funny. She sees Sam and gives me a wink.