Chapter 12

I don't know what just happened. I don't feel anything. What happened? I hear something, but I can't make out what it is. It sounds like a beep. Am I in the hospital? How did I get here?

"She might not wake up right now. You should get some sleep," I hear my dad say to someone.

"I don't care, I'm gonna stay here. I want to be here for her," someone else says, I think it's Sam.

"Fine, but I'm going down to the cafeteria to get you something to eat."

I hear the door open and close. Then I hear a soft scrape on the floor as Sam pulls up a chair to sit by my bed. He puts his hand on mine and gives it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I should've seen the car or heard it at least. If I heard it, I would've pushed you out of the way and I would've gotten hit," Sam says, as his voice wavers with sadness, tears about to fall.

No Sam, this isn't your fault, I want to say, but I can't at the moment. I want to hold his hand, but this stupid state I'm in, is preventing me.

"Here you go, Sam. It's Jello, lemon-lime," my dad says, handing the cup to him. He lets go of my hand to take it.

"How is she, do you think?" Sam asks.

"I think she's fighting in there," my dad says, taking my hand.

"I hope so."

I hear the door open and a new voice speaks.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Kenya. I have some news about your daughter," I hear the doctor say. Oh no, this could be bad.

"What is it?" my dad asks with worry in his voice.

"Well, the good news is she'll recover. The bad news is she'll be in a coma for a few days. This coma will help her, so don't worry. It wasn't medically induced, but it will still help. I'm giving her some medicine for the pain, but that's about all we can do at the moment. I'll let you know if something goes wrong or if she'll get better," Dr. Kenya says and leaves.

"Oh man this is terrible," Sam says. I can tell he's on the verge of tears. I would cry if I saw him cry.

"Oh my baby, is she gonna be OK?" I hear my mom ask as she walks in.

"Yeah, she's gonna be fine. She's in a coma, but the doctor said it's supposed to help her get better," my dad says.

"My baby," my mom says as she strokes my hair. I want to say something, but I can't.

"Why is my sister not awake yet?" I hear my sister ask worriedly.

"The doctor said she's in a coma, but it's supposed to help her," my dad says again as my sister walks into my room.

"Medical or non?"

"Non."

"I thought medical would be better since there's a chance she'll wake up."

"I guess the car hit her hard enough that she went into a coma. It doesn't surprise me, since she's so small," my dad says.

"Yeah, true."

Everybody sits in silence for a few minutes when the doctor comes back in.

"So, I have some more news. We looked at her brain scan that we took when she came in. It shows that she has some brain damage. It's minor, but it may result in some memory loss when she wakes up. It's no guarantee that she'll remember any of you, but we can hope that she does. I'm sorry," the doctor says and walks out again. I feel my mom's hand shake as I realize she's crying. She pulls her hand away and I assume she hugs my dad. 

I can't believe this. I might have memory loss when I wake up from this. I don't want to not remember my family and Sam, and Jaime. I love them. I don't know what I'd do if I forgot the things that made me happy in my life. 

My phone starts to play Like That by Jack and Jack, indicating I have a notification. It's probably Twitter.

Someone grabs my phone and looks at it. 

"Oh my gosh, Jaime sent something out about Angela," I hear my sister say. 

She reads it out loud," i cant believe this happened to you xAngelicKissx, im so sorry."

I can't believe she said that. I thought she was mad at me about Sam. 

I'm starting to feel this tingle in my foot and I don't know what it means. I wiggle my foot and I hear someone gasp. 

"Oh my God, she just wiggled her foot," I hear my mom say with some excitement in her voice.

Did I really just do that?

"If you can hear me, wiggle your foot," I hear Sam say.

I wiggle my foot again and I hear him laugh.

I think I'm starting to wake up, but I feel a terrible pain in my head. I feel my body convulse and I hear this annoying beep. It's getting faster and then I can't hear it anymore.

*Oh my Chuck, I'm sorry I did this. What do you think is happening to her? Comment what you think.*