Chapter 14

I've heard this sound in movies, but I never thought it would actually happen to me. I hear this sound of a ticking clock and I think my body is starting to sike me out. I can hear this voice and I start to get scared. I can't believe this is happening to me. Sam needs me and I'm being weak just laying here. I can't leave him like this. I fight as hard as I can, but I don't think it'll be any good. I try again and this time I feel something, but it's small. I feel this spark, like someone special is holding my hand. Ugh, there's a faint pain now. No, now it's getting worse. I can't take it.

"Come on, stay with me!"

"I don't think she can hold on much longer."

I blink and hear a gasp. What happened to me? That pain was terrible.

"Honey, can you see me?" I hear someone ask.

"Yeah, I can see you. I can hear you too," I say.

"Hi, Angela." 

I look up to see the most attractive boy ever.

"Hi. Do I know you?" I ask.

"You don't know me?" he asks.

"No, I don't. Am I supposed to?"

"Yeah, you are," he says and gets up and walks out.

I don't know what I said that was wrong, but he seemed hurt. 

"Honey, you don't know Sam?" someone else asks me.

"No, I really don't."

"Sam, is well, your boyfriend."

I have a boyfriend, really? This is weird, I don't usually have time for boys. The only ones I like are either too old for me or don't even know I exist. 

The doctor walks in and starts talking to my dad. I can't hear what he's saying but I can tell it might not be good. My dad walks over to my mom and tells her what the doctor told him. She starts crying and I don't think it's good.

"Honey can we talk to you for a second?" my mom asks.

"Yeah, sure."

"Um, can you guys leave the room for a second?" my dad asks.

"Yeah, sure."

When everyone leaves, my mom and dad come over to my bed and sit in the wooden chairs. 

"OK, I don't know how to say this, but the doctor said you have memory loss. You can't really recall what happened in at least the last week," my dad says.

"So is that why I can't really remember this Sam guy?" I ask.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Wow, memory loss. I can't believe it. What does this mean?

"Do you remember Jaime?" my mom asks.

"Yeah, my best friend for like ever," I say and see them both sigh in relief.

"OK, that's good. She was here for you and I think she's still in the waiting room."

"Oh, OK."

Who else do I remember? This is bad. I don't really like the fact that I can't remember this Sam guy. He seemed to care for me. 

The doctor comes in later and tells me that I'm OK to go home, but I have to be careful. I might not be able to eat much since the defibrillators kinda fried my taste buds. In the car ride home, it's silent except for the faint sound of my music through my head phones. I can't believe this happened to me. I don't even remember that well how this happened to me. Apparently I got hit by a car and went into a coma. As we turn into the driveway, I sit in the car for a few minutes. My mom looks back and has this worried look on her face.

"Are you OK sweetie?" she asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just need a minute," I say.

"OK, just come in when you're ready." She gets out and walks in with my dad.

I try to think hard about this Sam guy. He seems familiar but I can't figure out why, other than the fact that he is my boyfriend. I don't think I can remember just yet. I walk inside and go straight to my room. I get on Twitter and see all these tweets about me from Jaime. She's started a hashtag about me, #GetBetterAngela. Awh, that's sweet. I can remember what she said when I was in the coma. I'm not mad at her. As I'm about to turn my phone off, I get two messages, one from Chris and another from Sam.

*Hey guys, I updated. This is kinda weird, I'm in school, but I'm doing this for you. Time for my question once again: What do you think the messages say?*