Chapter Three

Chapter Three

***

The guy Matt I had met this morning was now working as a cashier in Johny's Parlor. Matt wore the red hat, the white polo with the red tie. He was an employee, I was in deep confusion. The incident had just occured and Matt is here, looking ever so good. And I had just remembered that I never saw Matt in the incident too.

"May I take your order?" Matt asked like a typical cashier.

"You know me...right?"

"Ummm..." Matt glanced from left to right, "No?" Dad then entered the parlor and walked to my side.

"Have you made your order yet?" Dad asked as he looked up at the menu.

"No—no not yet actually." I said clearly. Matt just stood there, staring at us. Maybe this was just a company rule, where staff are forbidden to chat with people they know.

"Hi Jermaine!" A random woman greeted the cashier lady on the next line.

"Elisa! Haven't seen you in so long. How are you doing?" The cashier woman replied to the lady. Oh the irony.

I made sure that he was really Matt by looking at his I.D.

Matt Simon

Whatever, he was just playing dumb with me. So much for friends. "I'll take a C1 please." I said to the cashier. "And I'll take the same." Dad followed.

"Alright, two C1s. Would you like a drink to go with that?"

"Matt, please stop. You're being too weird." I blurted out. Dad stared at me, so did Matt.

"You know this guy Rose?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, he's just an acquaintance. Dad nodded shortly and added, "We'll get two iced teas please."

"That'll be $3.99." Dad then pulls out bills from his wallet and hands it over to Matt silently. The sound of receipt coming out from the machine thing was heard, what? I never knew what it was called, deal with it.

Matt then leans over to the mini microphone and says, "Two C1s with iced teas in cashier number four." He seemed so natural, too natural that it was weird. After a while, our orders came on the tray and dad picked it up then proceeded to the tables area.

"I'm not done with you." I said to Matt with a glare, feeling slightly insulted. I wanted to interrogate him, I wanted to tie him up and—That's a whole other story. Matt looked confused, his eyebrow was tilted and sweat dropped from his chin. I then turned to walk to the table with dad.

"Was that your friend?" Dad asked.

"I'll never know."

We started chowing down on the eggs and the bacon quietly. Dad didn't have much to say, I didn't either. While I took a sip of my iced tea, I spotted Matt enter the hall leading to the comfort room.

"Dad, I'm gonna go to the restroom." Dad nodded and continued eating.

I walked fast towards the hall and arrived just in time to see Matt open the door. I quickly ran towards him and pushed him in the single comfort room with me with the door locked behind.

"Wha—what are you doing?" Matt asked anxiously. I didn't think this thoroughly, he must think I'm a rapist now. I smacked my head then took a deep breath.

"Do you know what happened at school today?" I asked Matt.

"Scho—school? I don't go to school." Matt replied which made my head explode. Oh My God. It's either he was just having some serious mental issues or he was extremely clever to make me think he was an entirely different person.