Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

***

"Simon, I have something to ask you..." I started as we walked on the trampled grass. It looked like someone or something has already made their way on this path.

"Yeah?"

"The thing you did last night, were those your powers?" Simon came to a halt and stared in front. I came over to see what he was staring at, I nearly lost my balance upon seeing a huge tree with bright green apples, hope they were apples.

"They're kinda instincts, but I'm still figuring it out." Simon began walking in the open space with the apple tree in the middle, "I can trace certain waves and signals with it."

"Do you have any other powers?" I was in awe of how Simon and Matt had powers, they could form a superhero duo with Matt as the hero with Simon as the sidekick. And I just thought, if Simon had an ability like this as a clone, does that mean the other clone I met at school also had powers? I still couldn't get over the interlude between Simon and I.

"Sadly, no. All I can do is tracing and knowing where one signal originated, not alter or bending it or other crazy complicated stuff." Simon easily began climbing the tree as if he was a primate, "I guess I have one other power..."

"Really? What is it?" I asked as I walked around the tree. The fresh forest air still lingered in my nostrils, I wouldn't mind building a tree house up here and living with my dad, or Matt.

"Climbing." Simon snickered as he picked an electric green apple, "Here, catch!"

The apple was nice and firm and smelled perfectly ripe, I feel like someone owns this tree, or land and I wouldn't wanna get caught stealing an apple or two.

"Do you have your phone with you?" Simon asked as he reached an apple while he sat on a thick branch. I widened my eyes remembering I had my phone in my pocket the entire time, which was now soaked and unable to function.

"Okay, I got one for me and Matt." Simon jumps down and gracefully lands without a single sound. I stared in awe as to how he didn't manage to break or dislocate his legs from jumping that tall height, "Let's go back before Matt wakes up, or he probably already has."

I nodded and followed Simon back to the path we passed. I took a bite of the apple and felt its natural acidic juices melt on my tongue, this wouldn't be the ideal breakfast but I'd starve to death before I could even reach home.

"Hey, Simon. You've seen Matt's house right?" I asked as I munched.

"Nah, I never really do, Matt would mostly likely return me before I do see, so..."

We pushed through the final bushes and saw Matt sitting by the shoreline facing the river with his top off, he must have been really cold. Not to mention he was stabbed right in the stomach and pushed into a slam on the river in a cold night.

"Matt! You're awake!" Simon said loudly and jogged towards Matt.

"Oh God, I thought you guys were lost or dead or something." Matt said as he grabbed the fruit from Simon's hand and instantly took a huge bite.

"You can still fly, right?" Simon asked Matt.

"Yeah, I managed to restore some energy last night when we passed out on here." Matt floated up and unbent his legs then landed facing me.

"Sarah didn't think this thoroughly. She probably thought one simple push off the cliff would kill us, well, it would have." Simon raised as he nibbled on his apple. He was right, or not. Sarah probably dumped us on the river to buy some time, not kill us.