Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

***

JET BLACK IS THE BLACK HOAX
The anonymous and heroic Super has been unmasked but the masses are in deep distraught as to what had happened in the Zest tower.
...
JET BLACK IS ROSE SILHOUTTE'S FATHER?
After being unmasked by The Green Acrobat, many are shocked to see the true identity of the mysterious Super, Jet Black.

Almost all of the headlines in the newspaper were about Jet Black. I had read an article about Jet Black's true motive on a bus on my way to the SSO (Super Subduers Organization). It stated that The Green Acrobat had also unmasked JB but that wasn't what had happened. It was Jason, not my dad, but the Super Jason who revealed himself. The SSO isn't very far from the Zest building nor the middle school campus so getting there was easy.

After a few days from the explosions in the city, some evidences of Sarah were found. I myself found it through a journalist named Evan Roster. He scoped the building after it was put out from fire and wrapped in caution tape. He mentioned that he found some of her blonde hair on the ground. It was probably because of Jack and her fighting. The problem with Supers is that their blood does not linger. They may bleed but the wounds heal up and the blood disappears by evaporating. Supers are weird but technical sometimes.

I go to the SSO everyday to take more information from Sarah and my dad. Evan said that he is part of the interrogation team that handles Jet Black.

On a misty mid-spring Tuesday morning I stood there, by the counter awaiting for Evan. The SSO building looked like a musuem that had a huge dome on the roof. The government only established the organization as soon as the appearance of Jet Black happened. Matt said he'd allow to me to go here alone since there wasn't much threat, although he might have forgotten about Sarah.

"Excuse me," I said to the lady behind the counter, "I booked a meeting with Evan Roster regarding the ongoing investigation of Jet Black."

She looked dull as she scrolled her mouse and stared on the monitor, "Name?"

"Rose Silhoutte. "

"Please go through the corridor on your left and enter the door with ''Roster, Evan Parker. "

I followed the lady's directions and I walked to the office. It has been a week that I've been here everyday. I needed answers. I needed the pieces back to finish this massive puzzle.

I knock on the door and say, "Evan? It's me, Rose. "

"Hold on!" He said loudly and I heard rumbling noises inside the office. It then became quiet and the door opened for me. I saw him and he looked stressed out. Glasses crooked. Necktie loosened. Bed hair.

"Oh! Just in time! Please come in... " He lead me inside the office. It always looked rustic in here, almost as if I traveled back in time every time I enter. "So I've found out tha-the Silhouttes and Etonias have a long past with one another. Not through blood, but it was like there-their-no they shared in the same experiment. A scientist named Garrett Brigdes conducted this research." He then handed me a folder when I was seated in front of his desk.

I opened the folder and saw a picture of an eerie old man that gave me Einstein vibes. "Bridges huh..." I began. The research was done in 1991.

"Read the actual research. " Evan said.
An experiment about Supers was being conducted that time. About Etonias and Silhouttes.

"Bridges killed your father's father. "

And then it hit me. I never remembered my grandparents because they were never around when I was born. But why did my parents say nothing? "Why?" I ask.