Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

***

"So, Silhouette, why don't you draw me a silhouette?" Dad appeared beside me as I stared into the blank bondpaper.

A silhouette, a picture of something showing it as a dark shape on a light background. Let's say the dark figure represents the downs of life while the bright background represents the ups of life. It wouldn't be a silhouette anymore if one factor was missing, so to say, you won't live life all good, and your life won't live too bad. A silhouette is there because without it, there'd be no division between the black figure on the white blank paper and life wouldn't become as normal as it is now.

Bethany taught me this while she took care of me on my bed at the hospital. She was the kindest nurse that always made everything seem bright and peachy. After I had known mom died in the accident, I talked even less until people thought I was mute. Bethany tried her best to hoax me but I stood conscious. I didn't want to accept an ugly lie.

Rose!

The beautiful meaning of silhouette

Rose listen to me!

Which part of a silhouette would you be if you were one?

Rose wake up!

I'd be...

Rose!

I opened my eyes when the voice pierced through the darkness and I saw Dan right above me with his arms around my back. We were lying on the floor with no people around, thank God.

"You're awake! I thought you were dead." Dan said as I went up with my hand on my forehead.

"What happened?" My head still ached and my visions were blurry, blurrier than Dan's identity.

"You passed out while we were in the middle of running. You should tone the alcohol down."

"I don't drink." I scolded and remembered what had just happened, although I still couldn't recall what that dream was about, "Oh yeah."

"Do you want me to carry you?" Dan said then stood up while I still sat on the ground with my palm against my forehead.

"No, I'm fine. I can walk by myself." Shouldn't have jogged right after eating, and without a few stretches, although I don't think those were the only reasons. I stood up and began walking with small steps as Dan stared at me.

"You're not well." Dan said then lifted me in a princess carry position.

I grunted but too weak to complain. Instead, I smacked Dan's chest and made a faint thump.

"I'll take you home." The voice of Matt suddenly said. I looked up but Dan was still there.

"Matt?" I said faintly.

"I'm the only one here."

I curled up then closed my eyes and felt Dan's torso against the side of mine. He smelled good but his forearm against my ass wasn't comfortable at all. My head began to clear up and I could focus my vision again but I didn't want to get off Dan's arms. Do I...like Dan? Could I still call him a villain after he saved me from the vampire Super?

"Hey Dan."

"Yeah?"

"Do you...like me?" I said straightforward. Love wouldn't be the word fit here for now. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward.

"Good question, Rose. Do I like you?"

Dan kept walking after his sentence with his eyed on the sidewalk.