Twelve, Adorable jar of rainbow cookies.

[A/N]
Vote and Comment
Please don't kill me for the size of it, I am diagnosed with a serious case of procrastination I can't help it.
I'll update sooner this time. HOPEFULLY.
•••➰•••
"What were you thinking? Five fucking refills? I have never been past three." Eugene says frustrated, carrying me to my bed. I open my eyes wider at the sudden pang of nausea gurgling up.

"You can't be serious." He whines looking at me. He retraces his steps back heading towards the bathroom. He puts me down on the floor close to the basin.

"Go, i'll be fine." My voice sounds like I have the worst case of sore throat.

"Of course, you are." He snaps, taking ahold of my hair, pulling them back and I can't help but stomach out the delicious things I ate at the engagement party.

Why do you have to be so mean with me, life?

"I want to change in my PJs." The expression on Eugene's face is priceless, his eyes are open so big in surprise that I want to laugh and cry at the same time in embarrassment.

Thank you so much, you bright bathroom lights.

"I mean, can you fetch them for me?" I rephrase after a moment of red silence.

He shakes his head, walks out nodding and returns with my hello kitty night wear.

Nice.

I smile gratefully, anyways. "You think you'll be fine? Want me to get Lyd for you?" He asks and I blush.

"I can manage, thank you." And then I shut the door.

I brush my teeth wiping all the remnants of an uneventful end to a pleasant night. I hold myself up by the sink not to mention disgusted by myself.

Why do I have to be so dumb when it comes to life? I couldn't distinguish a wine, for real?

I remove my contact lenses and in my haste while putting my hand into the sleeves, I end up hitting myself on the face and oh falling on my back too.

"Great, just great." I yell, annoyed.

"Velvet, are you decent? I am coming in." He doesn't wait for my response and barges in, chuckling at the distorted sight, I am. I squint my eyes to look at him along the blurriness.

"Keep laughing at my misery, Gino. It's not like you actually care about me." I say in irritation yet playfully.

From the way his shoulders sag, I think he is pissed. "Of course I do. You don't think very highly of me, now do you?" He asks rather rhetorically and I regret saying all of it in the first place.

Damn this man for taking you seriously every wrong time. And don't forget the guilty conscience that makes you feel it was all your fault.

"I was kidding, Gino. You should really learn what that is." I respond, looking up from the floor.

He confusedly stares me trying to grasp my words, then offers me a hand and pulls me up, close. "Your nose is red. Seems like your punches work fine on you,"

"You look cute." He adds and realises too late what he just did.

D'aww you adorable little jar of rainbow cookies.

I mentally coo.

My eyes land on Eugene, he has the most amusing face ever. He appears to be in pain and trying really hard not to laugh. Wait what?

Oh god. You silly Velvet!
My conscience snaps.

Oh wow, now my conscience also calls me 'Velvet'. Great going, Gino.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" I ask rather rhetorically.

Eugene finally let go. A full blown MINUTE is what he takes to calm down. "Yes you did. In your little baby girl voice. You can't let your inner self stay away from you, do you?" And oh, he is laughing again.

About time, I face palm myself. So I do.

"What on Earth is happening to me?" I complain loudly.

Eugene takes some pity for me and says, "Come on, let's tuck you in, I need to give you some medicines too." He announces pulling me out of the bathroom with him.

When I am all cosy in bed, he arrives with aspirin and a glass of water. He hands it down to me and I gratefully take it from him, quickly gulping down the pills on my palms.

"What time is it?" I ask as I return him the glass and he draws my comforter on me.

"It's four in the morning." He replies nonchalantly.

"You've been with me as my babysitter for five freaking hours?" I ask, surprised.

"You weren't much of a problem. You were only passed out on the sofa and Sam asked me to bring you up. You're more a kid than you think you are." He explains, smirking at the end.

He knows he's getting to me. "Why would you think that?" I question sulking, feeling the sleep calling out for me.

"I could go on forever, you're innocent, you whine like a kid, you think like one, you're silly, you can be annoyingly adorable at times too and you're childish..."

I am not sure if he goes on about my irresistible traits because I am certain I am dreaming right now. Only this time I see no sunshine but surprisingly not so scary fangs and glowing blue eyes.

-
-
"Wow, I knew you were beautiful without makeup on." Sam's bold and calming tone of voice rings in my ear and I flicker my eyes open; managing to get out of bed with a throbbing pain in my head.

I wipe my eyes and Sam starts laughing, I cluelessly stare at him.

"What's so funny?" I ask my hand on my hip, totally unamused.

"Check yourself out in the mirror, babe."

I take my walk towards the vanity table, lazily and an unintentional audible gasp leaves from my mouth.

"What the freak happened to me last night?" I ask trying to remember the former night.

Some shameful events comes surging in and I bury my face in my palms.

Why!?!!

"Ask Big brother, darl." Sam intrudes my moment of guilt, winking.

"You monkey, It's not funny. And stop with the names." I snap at him.

"Ooh, someone's feisty today." He remarks and I throw him my deadliest glare and he shush up, inching back.

My hair are standing from all the places, my mascara is all over my face instead of my eyes leaving a prominent black mark on the tip of my nose. My eyes are swollen red, yeah, I look like the ugliest version of Ursula out of water.

DID YOU FORGET ABOUT MY HARD LUCK? You shouldn't. At this very moment Eugene walks in and along comes with him is the delicious scent of strong coffee.

"Get out." I manage out quickly hiding my face with the pillow Sam throws my way. But instead Gino decides to walk closer amusedly.

He snatches the pillow away and announces, "I've already seen what you're hiding."

"You look amazing." My face falls at his adorably funny laugh.

"Shut up Gino, I am not in the mood and my head hurts." I tell him.

He takes hold of my shoulders and gives it a reassuring squeeze, holding me there.

"Guys, I am right here. Want me to walk out?" Sam clears his throat, smiling.

Urgh, Sam.

Eugene steps back handing me some pills and that heavenly huge mug of coffee from the side table.

My stomach hums in pleasure.

"God Velvet. This will do for now. Get ready Sam will drop you to school. You've had enough vacations." With his words clear in my head, he takes his cue to leave.