Twenty Four.

Hey!
I apologise to my almost non existent readers for being gone too long.

I hope I won't bail on you guys again, i'll update sooner this time.

Vote, Comment and Critique.

Unedited.

Twenty four, Supine.

"Is the guest list ready? We've got only twenty four hours left." Sam barges in, uninvited.

I am busy selecting the best gift for Eugene on an online store and when I realise Sam is heading towards me sheepishly to snatch my phone, I lock it immediately.

No, I don't want him to see my surprise gift for Eugene, which is supposed to stay between the two of us until it is accepted.

My instincts are almost always right as my phone is ripped off from my ready hands and its captor none other than Samuel Raymond, my best friend. Fine, my other best friend, a guy best friend.

Then what is Eugene to you?
Your 'the only one'?

My mind snaps naughtily and I gasp internally.

Oh please!

He plays with the screen, tapping here and there, trying to figure out the password but I am sure he can't as it is totally random and unpredictable.

Eugi

Well, shoot me but it's too cute to not be my password. Besides Eddy figured out the last one and was thrilled;

Eddy

"What is it tell me, Zar bear? Otherwise i'd enlighten big bro how much you looove him." Sam drawls dreamily and I watch him with surprised eyes.

"You wouldn't dare." I glare, pointing a finger with bitten nail, his way.

"I wouldn't dare, but I feel ecstatic how you didn't deny the fact that you love my brother." He laughs at his own joke and as it dawns on my dumb brain, I run after him.

He's in for the kill today. The real deal, the deal where I chop his head off and feed it to the vultures.

This one's getting cliché, dear Zara.

I'll just chop his goods off and show them to his ladies so that they could know how small he-

Stop! R alert.

The unsophisticated scenarios my brain is making pause as I crash into Eugene on my way out of the dining hall.

"What's going on?" Always the interrogator.

"If you have eyes, I'd like you to notice I am running after your brother, he has my phone." I retort irritated.

Why am I mad at him?

He straightens my awkward form away from him and takes a step back.

"What's with the mood?" He eyes me attentively.

"I was surfing the net for good online stores in Connecticut, but I don't seem to find any for I have little time and I need something and I am also in a hurry." I tell him, truthfully making sure to omit the things he shouldn't know, at least until tomorrow.

"You should've told me during breakfast, I could've taken you for shopping, it wasn't even a busy day at work today. Casual meetings can always be postponed. What is it? We'll go right-" Before he could propose his act of a knight in vampy armour the millionth time again, including my exaggeration; Sam returns exclaiming his victory blindly.