Twenty Three.

Had to update, a filler chapter. 
Sorry, I've been busy lately in a sucky life.

Though i've a knack for leaving things undone.

Vote, Comment and Critique.

If you like it.

Love ya all. 

Twenty Three;
Exceptions.

Swishing round, I find Eugene moving in an unbearably slow pace. His bleeding knuckles make me cringe as they spot the white marble floor. It's funny how he doesn't show any sign of bloody fountains spurting out his hands. Quite literally. 

"I refuse to believe that you're actually a vampire with inhumane speed." I remark as I continue my way out of the 'dark' wing.

"And why is that?" He asks as if he just didn't get the clue off my words. 

"Because you're practically a walking slug, and oh your brain is one too." I decide to stop for a while, to catch a hold of him and escape this haunting side of his house, faster. 

I am glad he isn't prevailing about his departure right now, lucky for him. I am so in the mood to dent some godly features of him, not to mention getting a few dislocated bones for myself in return. 

Honestly, if he doesn't freaking remember killing may-she-rest-in-peace Rose and the pretty lune young lad who's very much alive, then why on venus is he torturing himself? 

Oh right, he never met a sensible person to put some sense into him, but I'm here now. 

"Funny. I'm just exhausted, haven't had a fill on blood since a week." I walk up to him and grab his arm, wounding mine in it. 

"You know, you can always drink some from me." I humour him, but his reaction takes me by surprise. He lets go of me immediately and in a hurry scoot backwards.

"Never say that again." He warns and I scowl in return.

"It was a joke, Eugene. A joke. You know what that is?" 

"I do know, but you're not allowed to crack jokes like that. When you know what I did. When you know everything."  His small voice makes me regret pulling it. I reach out for him again, hugging him from the side, too tight for his immortal lungs to breathe.

"I'm sorry. I won't do that again. But you're no fun." I whine quietly and he smiles halfheartedly. 

"Murderers aren't funny."

"Quit it you gloomy goat. You're not a murderer. You never knew what you did until it came back as remnants of a dream. Tell me, would you kill your best friend and the love of his life, if conscious?"

"Of course not. But I did kill them Zara, I was the one who fulfil my thirst on them. I can't stop thinking about it, it was all me. Unbelievable but real." He infuriates me. I can't have this talk anymore. He just wouldn't understand it that easily.

"I won't believe you Eugene, but in time, I am damn sure you will. You will believe me," I threaten him because sooner or later, he'll lose.

"Let's go sew your broken pieces and fetch you the vital drink." 

He sigh reluctantly as I drag him to his room. 

"You don't have to do it, Elizabeth can fix me." He tells me, when I order him to sit on his bed. 

"Shut up, I do. And besides forget about Elizabeth, she can't love you but I can." I freeze when the sacred declaration of the possibility of me falling for him unintentionally announces itself. Eugene's eyes search my face for clues and I hastily look downwards, in hopes of hiding the prominent blush I am supporting, undoubtedly.

"I meant you're wasting your time on her and that she's just your doctor and we're friends, I am straight and she isn't  and that a friend loves more than a doctor. So it just means I care more deeply about you than her and-"