Eleven, I've heard a lot about you.

Chapter; I've heard a lot about you.

[A/N]
I am so sorry for being so late. I was having writer block and of course I was procrastinating. And you can include the recent death in my family too being the cause of my longer departure.

I hope this make up to my lateness.

•••➰•••

"You done in there, Velvet?" Eugene asks for the umpteenth time, while I ignore him completely.

I contemplate eyeing myself in the vanity mirror, if my peach knee length dress along with matching pumps is appropriate for an engagement party.

A minute spent in peace and I hear the impatient knocking on the door again.

"You've kept me standing out for an hour. Now open the door, Zara."

Absorbing the fact, Eugene is a vampire took me only a week accompanied by hiding effortlessly from the remaining Raymond, I know.

Why Eugene asked me to keep it in the dark is in the dark to me too. I'll ask him sooner.

Here I am getting all ready to attend his friend's sister wedding, which happens to be Jay, the one I made an embarrassing introduction with.

Good going Zara.

The past week, we've had little to no interactions, leaving Eugene to bury himself in work and I, my studies.

"I have pinned my front hair back, should I free them or let it be?" I ask in response.

Grunting, Eugene suggests, "Leave them open, unpin it."

I do as I am told, putting all the bobby pins back in the vanity drawer.

"What about my make-up. Minimal or dark?" I ask again.

"Velvet, what on earth made you think I am some stylist? And how about you open the door first and let me see what you've got on you." He orders, frustrated.

Flinching at his loud tone, I unlock the door due to its persistent banging.

The annoyance leaves his features as soon his gaze lands on me.

His expression isn't giving anything away but his eyes are speaking awe.

It's just an assumption.

Mere seconds of silent judgment passes and a frown seeps onto his face.

Shit, I overdone it, didn't I?

"Eugene, am I overdressed?" I ask hesitantly.

He comes out of his trance and shakes his head at me. "You'll do."

I am not even a least bit satisfied by his comment.

"Gosh, it's an engagement party what was I thinking. I'll have to change. Can you please give me ten more minutes, I'll be down soon. I just need to change into something less dressy." I rant a little too audible.

Eugene is in front of me within a flash. A mere feet away.

I am never getting used to his inhumane speed.

"You look gorgeous, Velvet." He says in a whisper.

I gasp. Did Eugene freaking-stay-away-dark-vampy Raymond compliment me? I'll be damned if I am not dreaming right this moment.

I wear off, one of my pumps and step on my bare foot with the other one, letting out a sharp muffled cry.

I am not dreaming. I turn the shade of my lip colour and Eugene realises what he just did.

He clears his throat abruptly, "I meant the dress is gorgeous, a good pick. And your make up is fine too, red lips suits you."

I step into my shoes again, nodding. I take one last look in the mirror.

I have no jewels on. As if Eugene read my mind, he hands me a box from his pant pockets. Then only I take the opportunity to give him a once over.

He has black dress pants on with a white shirt to go with it and a black long tie. His sleeves are folded halfway showing the muscles he've got and the perfect skin. Oh his amazing dark brown hair, messier than they've ever been giving him a very pleasant look.

He looks handsome. And more. Seems like we will be facing a lot of swoons today.

"Mom gave these she asked you to wear it." He says in nonchalance.

I open it to find a pair of gold earrings perfect for the outfit and wear it on.

I face away from the mirror, "What do ya think?" I ask doing the ta-da gesture.

He shows me a thumbs up. "Let's go," and follows out the door.

-

"You both are leaving?" Victoria asks as we descend the stairs.

Eugene nods as we reach where she stands.

"Thank you for the earrings Victoria, I love these."

Eugene stiffens beside me as Victoria frowns. Her eyes shoots up to Eugene and she smiles instead.

I see.

"No problem dear, you look beautiful as always."

I blush at her considerate words and kiss her on the cheeks. "Thank you."