Chapter 8

Shaylee's POV

I put my phone down and ran downstairs to the dining room table.
"Shay, could you go get your sister. It's time to eat" Mom asked. I sighed, rolled my eyes, and ran back upstairs. "Vi. Dinners ready". Violet took her earbuds out, put her laptop down and ran out the door. "Thanks baby" Mom said as I sat down at the table.
"Mom. I'm supposed to go to Liza's house tonight". "Oh that was today. Alright. Grab your stuff I'll grab my keys". Dad came walking in just as Mom walked out.
"Where's your mother going"? "She has to bring Violet over to Liza's house. Which she never reminded us about". "Oh right that was tonight. Plus, aren't you going to Eileen's house tonight". "Yeah, but she lives down the street. Not in an apartment in L.A.".
I looked over at my dad as he walked over to the table. In our family, you could tell who got who's genes. I got most of my Dad's, and Vi got most of my mom's.
Violet walked down the stairs, her overnight duffel hanging off her shoulder. Mom walked to the garage door and walked out to get the car started, leaving just me and Dad.
"Well, might as well eat. Raven lives deep in the city. I grabbed a plate and piled rice and teriyaki onto it.

Two hours later

I sat down on the beanbag chair in Eileen's all white room. I'm almost afraid to walk into it for fear of staining something. Eileen and Bella walked in behind me. Deanna and her twin, Maddie, as well as Elizabeth walked in a few minutes later.
"Alright girls. Saturday night sleepover is a go. First, I would like to compliment Bella and her new blue hair. Very nice(I just realized that her hair makes her look like Chloe from the game Life Is Strange XD)".
Bella stood up and twirled around, her hair twirling with her. It went down to her waist and was super close to passing her butt. But Eileen looked like she had other plans.

Maddie's POV

I looked over at Eileen, who's face looked like it had a devious plan. She had done my makeover, turning my once pretty brown hair red and made me wear blue contacts. I wear a red wig and the blue contacts around her, but immediately get rid of them when I'm away from her.
I must not have been the only one who noticed. Shaylee was looking right at Eileen, as well as Elizabeth, who for some reason hasn't had a makeover done to her yet.
"But Bells. There are a few things we need to change in order for you to join the group". Bella stopped twirling and looked at her. I knew where this was going.
Eileen reached over into her bedside table drawer and pulled out a pair of scissors her mom used to use to cut people's hair. Bella saw the scissors too. I looked at Deanna. She was the most recent victim of the hair cuts. Her hair went down to the middle of her back. Now it barely reaches her shoulders.
"Come sit". Bella cautiously walked over to the chair Elizabeth pulled over. Elizabeth is Eileen's closest friend, but she isn't really treated like one.
"What are you doing". "Do you want to join the group or not". Bella just moved here a couple months ago, after living near her grandparents in Sacramento. And joining our group will get you a lot of good things.
"Yes I want to". "Then shut up and close your eyes". I was tempted to close my eyes. It looked like she had grown her hair out for many years. And it was almost sad that all that effort was going to waste.
In one quick cut, the long even blue locks turned into a jagged mess, just barely touching her shoulders. The ponytail of hair fell to the floor with a thud. Bella opened her eyes and almost died seeing her hair on the floor.
"My mom's going to kill me! What's next a nose piercing? An arm tattoo". "Well when you guess it right away" Shaylee said, sliding a finger across the fake diamond in her nose.
"Don't worry. It will all be worth it. You just have to trust me" Eileen said, her semi-pout face plastered over her face. "Now. I know what will make this better".
Eileen got up and went over to her massive hat collection, which ranged from winter hats to cowboy hats. She rummaged around for a little bit and pulled out one of her old beanies(I'm not trying to make her look like Chloe. It just came out that way!).
"This should make it cute". And she was right. I just wish I had the same pretty eyes she did.

A/N: Hey Cuties! I'm back! Sorry for the long wait. I kinda went on hiatus for a bit while I recovered from my surgery. Don't worry. I'll try to update more often, but school is fast approaching and I don't get as much phone time as I used to. I'm doing fine for those who were wondering. I was released from the hospital a few days early! But enough of that. Thanks for sticking with me through the long break(except for those reading this after the story is over). Dinocutie22