Chapter 3

Wes's POV

I walked out of the house alongside Ciara, my backpack slapping against my back.
"Did you see what Bella did to her hair" Ciara asked. "No I didn't what did she do". She pulled up Instagram.
The first picture that popped up was of Bella. Her normally chocolate brown hair was now colored a blue-green color.
"Why did she do that". Ciara shrugged. "Her friends probably told her to do it. Eileen mostly". I shook my head, my hair shaking in the wind.
"Come on. We have to catch the bus".

Eileen's POV

"Girl. You look so much better! Brown just wasn't doing you any justice" I said as Bella came walking up the school steps.
"Thanks. Maybe we should color your hair too". I shook my head vigorously, making my blonde waves flip back and forth.
"Come on. Not even some highlights? Pink would totally work with your eyes".
"Fine, but only if you get a piercing". She laughed.
"Fine, but it has to be done by a professional. Mom asked very diligently". I shook my head.
"You need to take risks Bell. Come on. Let us do it. And no ear piercings".
"No. Ear piercing and that's final. I dyed my hair blue for you, I'm not piercing anything other than my ears. You want something else? Go find a new friend".
"Fine. See you after class".

Aj's POV

I watched as Charlie and Shaylee walked up the steps to the school. I really liked Charlie, but I don't know if he likes me back.
I'm gay if you couldn't tell. As gay as it gets. Liza doesn't appreciate me now that I came out, but my mom thinks that it completes me.
I walked up to the math room and pulled my geometry textbook out. 5 seconds later, it was swiped off my desk. "Get out of here gay boy". I went over and picked up my book and notebooks and promised myself I wouldn't cry.
After class, I ran to my locker. It sucks being who I am because I constantly get bullied. Why can't life be easy?

Bre's POV

I grabbed my athletics bag that had my bow and arrows, my swimsuit, and my cheerleading gear inside.
My parents are very supportive of my athletic career. My sisters come every once and a while, but they have different interests.
After an hour of cheering and flipping, I grabbed my bow and headed to archery club(its a real club at my middle school. I was never in it).
Every time I shot an arrow, it hit the dead center of the bullseye.

Ciara's POV

I grabbed my jacket and my world history textbook out of my locker, shut the door, and ran out to the bus. Wes would normally save me a seat, but with what happened last night, I doubt he will.
I looked around the bus and saw Leah and Makayla sitting towards the middle. They waved me over and I went to go sit next to them.
"Hey Ciara. Did you see what Bella did to her hair" Leah asked. I nodded.
"It was the first thing I saw on Instagram this morning. I'll bet Eileen made her do it".
"You know she did. I heard a rumor that Eileen wants to get a couple tats, as well as a nose piercing" Makayla pointed out. I rolled my eyes.
"She's only thirteen and she wants this stuff done? Next thing you know, she's gonna drop out of school, get pregnant at 16 and drop them off at an orphanage".
"I know! Anyway, let's talk about something positive. My parents said I could have a sleepover this Saturday" Makayla said enthusiastically.
"Can't. Mom and Dad are taking us to grandma and grandpa's house on Saturday, then were gonna go to the office" I pointed out sadly. Her shoulders slumped down.
"Sorry. We can always plan for next week". "Can't Bre's got both her archery and swim meets next week and the whole family has to be there". I sighed.
"Well we can always plan for another weekend" Leah said. "Yeah. And we can invite Maddie and Deanna, and maybe Shaylee" I suggested.
"Yeah. We can text each other what we want to do. But I don't want Eileen or any of her friends there. Who knows what things they would want to do to us" Makayla said.
When I looked up, Wes was getting off the bus, so I jumped up, waved goodbye to my friends and ran off the bus.