Happy Anniversary! (Ricky Horror #1) ((Part 1))

***************

You were now driving home after a long, hard day of work. You are currently a college student and a part-time substitute teacher. Today had been a very rough day, you had a 2,000 word essay on chord progressions that was due in two days and another essay on Homophony vs. Polyphony vs. Heterophony vs. Monophony, but that wasn't due for another week. And with exams coming up... You were stressed to say the least.

But today was also your third anniversary with Ricky. Oh, how wonderful these years had been for you two. They seemed to go by in a flash. The thought of Ricky instantly brightened your mood and pushed the frustration away. You smiled as you thought of how you might celebrate, maybe a romantic dinner or cuddling while you watch a movie.

As you pulled into the driveway you noticed that Ricky's car was no where to be seen. Your smile faded and thoughts of confusion and worry clouded your mind.

"Where is he? Is he all right? Did he forget?" The possibility of him forgetting stung. Your shoulders drooped as you turned the ignition off. You stepped of the car and walked to the doorway to see a note hung upon the door.

*Hi, (Y/N). Sorry, I couldn't be here to welcome you home. There was a problem at the studio, but I did leave you a surprise in the living room. Love you.
-Ricky*

You sighed in disappointment and ran a hand through my hair. Lately, the band has been having so many problems, you were starting to question if he was actually telling the truth. But you knew that he wouldn't do that to you. Right? You felt your stomach groan in hunger and you quickly unlocked the door.

You carelessly flung your shoes off and headed into the kitchen to grab a snack. You carelessly dropped the note onto the counter and headed towards the fridge. You whipped open the door to see emptiness and sorrow. Your eyes desperately searched the bare shelves only to find a few sports drinks, a bag of broccoli, and....a pudding cup!

You quickly snatched the pudding cup and grabbed a spoon. You started to devour the delicious treat. You sat on the kitchen counter eating away.

You sighed sadly at the note and picked it up again. As you reread it something clicked in your head.

"Wait, a surprise!" you thought.

You threw the empty cup into the bin and tossed the spoon into the sink. You ran into the living room, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. You sighed once again and plopped onto the couch. You held your face in both hands, feeling a pang of hurt strike your heart.

You looked up at the table once again, but this time you saw that there was a package with your name on it. You carefully picked up the package and examined it. Your heart was racing and your stomach was filled with excitement.

This was clearly wrapped by Ricky. Tape completely covered the package leaving very few bits of plain paper to see and small pieces had been torn, probably from trying to cut and fold the paper. He never did figure out how to wrap a present properly. You giggled at the memory.

*Oh that Christmas was the best* You shook your head at the memory and continued to open the package. It took you a while, but a few paper cuts later, the mystery was finally revealed. A smile crept at the corner of your lips. It looked like a scrapbook. It had a few pictures of Ricky and you on the cover and your names in 'fancy' bubble letterings along with a few stickers. It was beautiful.

You opened the book to the first page to see some pictures of your first few dates. The first picture was of your very first unofficial 'date' at the Charleston Theatre. You had been set up by a couple of your mutual friends, but they had all been there the whole time, just a few rows back, giving shouts of encouragement every few minutes, so you wouldn't really call it a date, but it was embarrassing.