Date Night Gone Wrong? (Zack Merrick #1)

This is for Obession_with_bands. Thanks for requesting. Hope you enjoy!

************

Today was the day. Your fourth anniversary with the love of your life, Zack Merrick. These years have been some of the best years of life, but the past year has been kind of tough with him being so busy with tours, being in the studio, and interviews. You were so happy that he was so successful, but it was taking quite a toll on both of you. For instance, right now you were waiting for Zack to get home from an interview that ran a little late.

You were dressed in some of your nicer clothes, watching an old rerun of one of your favorite shows, awaiting your boyfriend's arrival. After the interview, Zack was going to take you out on a date, but he refused to tell you where. The anticipation was driving you insane.

Suddenly, you heard the lock of your front door click. You jumped out of your seat and ran to the door, just in time to see Zack stepping inside with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. You caught him by surprise by jumping into his arms.

"Someone missed me," he said, chuckling. He wrapped his muscular arms around your waist. You pulled away and smiled at him.

"And these are for you," he said, holding out the flowers.

"Awe, Zack. Thank you so much," you said, sniffing the flowers," These are beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you are," he grinned. You rolled your eyes and blushed slightly.

"Oh, stop it," you couldn't stop the smile that was forming on your lips.

"What? It's true," he replied cutely.

"Well, are you ready to go? We have a big night ahead of us," Zack said.

"Sure, but let me put these in some water before we go," you said, walking into the kitchen. You quickly filled a random vase you had with water and walked back out to find Zack sitting on the sofa, scrolling through his phone.

"Ready?" Zack asked.

"Yep," you replied.

"Great." he said, getting up. You walked out the door and to Zack's car. When you reached Zack's car, he surprised you by opening the car door for you.

"For you, m'lady," Zack said. You giggled and mumbled a small thank you back a small "Thank you." He soon jumped in the drivers side and drove off.

"So... Where are we going?" you asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," he said slyly. You giggled and didn't press the situation any more. The rest of the ride was filled with small talk and occasional sing-along with the radio. Soon, you arrived at a new fancy restaurant called "Le Reve." Your eyes widened.

"Zack, you really shouldn't have. Olive Garden would have sufficed," you said kindly.

"No, you deserve only the best and I heard that their food is fantastic," Zack said, smiling. He hopped out of the car and jogged to your side of the car, in time to open the door before you had a chance. You blushed and got out of the car. He took your hand and guided you to the entrance, where the host was standing. As you approached him, you noticed that he gave you a rude look and stuck his nose up in the air.

"Reservation for Merrick." Zack said awkwardly.

"Right this way," the host said, leading you into a large dining area. Every table was full. On the walls there were various paintings, each one was beautiful and unique. On the ceiling there was a crystal chandelier that must've cost a fortune. The whole building was very intimidating.