004

Chapter Four

Condition Terminal

"Lost time is never found again"

When they arrived at the police station Kira was fine, but Lydia laid on the ground. Lydia's face pulled together as she winced. Her side bleeding, they surrounded her with help as Stiles froze. He stumbled back one step as he stared at Lydia with teary eyes. Scott had not seen this foggy look since the day you had died. Holding Stiles's father on his feet, he could not reach his best friend.

"Scott," Looking over Deaton was calling out to him, nudging toward the tail as the two observed it, Deaton covered it with his jacket. The sound of heels filled Scotts hears, looking over Lydia's mother walked from the backroom. Staring ahead, there was blood on her dress and she wrapped her arms around her body. On the floor next to her heels, Scott could see a trail of blood. All the commotion made everything feel like it was happening faster than it was. Scott leaned Stilinski onto a desk before calling out to Stiles.

"Stiles," Despite hearing Scotts voice Stiles's gaze on Lydia did not break. He wanted to run to her and yet his feet stayed in place as his body was rigid.

"Stiles. Stiles come on," The only thing Stiles could focus on was the blood that was accumulating next to the strawberry blonde. Only able to blink and stare as she met his gaze, she struggled to smile.

"I'm okay Stiles, go help Tracey," Lydia said, wincing her reassurance was shallow, "Help Tracey."

Stiles stumbled over his own feet as he followed Scott in a daze. The station appeared in shambles as he stepped over broken glass and scattered papers. Both Stiles and Scott froze as Malia was standing over Tracey's dead body. She looked up at them. Stepping forward, she paused as they stepped back.

"It wasn't me. I swear I didn't do this," Neither Scott nor Stiles moved as they looked between Malia and Tracey's body. Stilinski walked in with his gun out, but paused as he joined the standstill.

"What the hell happened to her?" Sheriff asked, lowering his gun.

"There were these people, they had masks," Blinking back tears they watched as Malia looked around the room. She stumbled over her words without pause, "There were um t-three of them."

Stiles stepped forward first, "What are you talking about?"

"They were strong, Stiles. They had a weapon Stiles I didn't do this. They mentioned something about something improving and they were just so strong," Her cries filled the room as Stiles pulled her into a hug. Scott watched from a far with caution. Hearing her tears, there were only two words he knew would help.

"It's okay."

Before he could say anything the sound of not just your own voice but Allison's voice rang in Scott's ear. He looked around the room as his eyebrows pulled together, but nothing around him had changed. Malia was still near tears in Stiles's arms as Stilinski and Deaton inspected Tracey.

"She's not changing back, we're gonna need to get her out of here." The sound of Scott's phone ringing felt like soft background noise. Deaton appeared nervous at the unchanging girl as authorities were arriving soon. Scott took his phone out of his pocket. The screen lit up brightly as Liam's name sat above his face on the screen.