007

Chapter Seven

Strange Frequencies

"Losing isn't always the end, sometimes it becomes the beginning"

"So we're back to cellular currents and heat waves," Stiles said as Scott laid out a map on the library table. The markings showed different things all across Beacons Hills.  Scott explained how the Dread Doctors did like the cellular currents or heat waves.

"Maybe we could use them to protect Hayden," Scott suggested, searching for the strongest convergence a deep sense of irony set in.   Drawing a circle around the school he looked to Stiles as he pointed to it,  "We're standing on it."

"You wanna hide her in the high school? For how long?" Stiles asked as his mind raced, waiting for news from Elena everyone was preoccupied with side missions.  Scott and Stiles were protecting Hayden, while Elena and Wren were back in Mystic Falls dealing with the Mikaelsons.   Bonnie was keeping an eye on you while working on a locator spell to find the Dread Doctors. "Okay but this is still just a high school not a fortress."

"Lydia figured something out remembered how Valack quoted Telsa and Qetsiyah?" Scott asked, Stiles quoted frequency, temperature, and vibration, "She thinks that he wasn't saying that just to sound smart she thinks maybe it's a clue."

"To do what?" Stiles looked at Scott but his eyes were still focused on the map.  He could see the light bags beneath his best friend's eyes.  They all knew there was no time for sleep.

"Disrupt their frequency."

"Okay let's try again," Wren yawned as she rubbed her eyes.  You watched her warily at the way she closed her eyes for a second too long.  Also how Wren would huff quietly after each try.

"Are you sure? You have to be drained," Wren shook her head vehemently before she took your hands.

"Okay, I guess," The candle between the two of you was partially melted down.  Wren's eyes glowed white and you watched as her head tilted back.  Your own eyes focus on the candle, once the wick sparked the spell was working.  At least you thought it was working, Wren's hands tensed in your own.  You could see the grimace in her features before a black stained the white in her eyes.  A cry left her lips as she ripped her hands out of yours.  She curled them into her chest with her head downcasted.  Her dark hair hid her face from view.

"Are you okay!" The words left your lips at the speed of lighting.  When you reached forward she pulled back from you.  A pregnant pause filled the room before you heard her murmur she was fine.  Not long after she held her hands out not meeting your gaze as she wanted to try again.  Her hands are out to you with her palms up but this does little to hide a bruise creeping up the side.

"No, you're not," You snatched her left hand and flipped it right side up.  She openly winced as you inspected the tiny bruises across her hand, "That's it. No more of this, I'm hurting you."

"I said I'm fine!" You rose to your feet as she glared up at you.  This mattered little as you walked toward your stairs.

"No you're not and I'm not gonna let you hurt yourself for my sake," A strange calm washed over you as Bonnie peaked her head out of the office.  Everyone was risking everything once again.