033

Chapter Thirty-Three

Battlefield

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

"You know when you're drowning you don't actually inhale until you blackout. It's called voluntary apnea it's like no matter how much you're freaking out the instinct to not letting any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your heads exploding. Then when you finally do let it that's when it stops hurting it's not scary anymore it's kind of peaceful." Stiles explained in the guidance office his voice seemed a little gloomy but alert.

"Are you saying you hope Matt felt some peace in his final moments?" Ms. Morrell asked keeping a watchful eye on his every move.

"I don't feel sorry for him," Stiles said with no remorse in his voice.

"Can you feel sorry for the nine-year-old Matt that drowned?" She asked continuing to take mental notes.

"Just because a bunch of dumb asses threw him into a pool when he couldn't swim doesn't give him the right to go off killing them one by one. By the way, my Dad said they found a bunch of pictures of my girlfriend and Allison on his computer. Not just pictures of them though he photoshopped himself into these pictures some of him holding hands with Allison or (Y/n), some of them kissing, some with the girls fighting each other like he had built this whole fake conflict where he couldn't decide between girls. Yeah maybe drowning when he was nine years old set him off the rails but dude was definitely riding the crazy train," Stiles said as he explained he couldn't help but cringe.

"One positive thing came out of this though right?" She asked knowingly looking at the teenage boy.

"Yeah my Dad got his job back but I still feel like somethings wrong between us just like tension when we talk, the same thing with Scott," Stiles explained not hesitantly but indecisively.

"Have you talked to him since that night?" She asked trying to retain every inch of information.

"No not really he's got his own problems to deal with though. With his mom and I don't think he's talked to Allison either but that might be more her choice. (Y/n) and I have been talking just like usual but she hasn't been herself lately at first I thought it was just because her Mom died and it must have hit her pretty hard but it's just she's so off. Um, there are certain things I can't tell you but when she tries to do them everything just goes haywire. Sometimes when we're hanging out she goes from normal to angry I'm worried about her. I want to help her but when I bring it up she lashes out on me and then ignores me. Allison and (Y/n) seem to have become closer with their Dad and each other though her grandmother seems very tense I tried asking her about it and all she told me was that (Y/n) needs me," Stiles explained but he had almost forgotten Morrell was in the room as he drifted.

"And what about you Stiles feeling some anxiety about that championship game tomorrow night?" She asked and he perked up curiously.

"Why would you ask me that?" He asked then realized he was holding his lacrosse stick, "Oh well I never actually play but hey since one of my teammates is dead and another one missing who knows right."

"You mean Isaac one of the three runaways you haven't heard from them have you?" She asked her facial expression remained neutral as she spoke.