Chapter 32

Taylor's POV

I laid my head against my pillow as the late night sky hung outside my window. I began to worry as I realized I've heard nothing from Jessie all day. Normally by now she would text something like 'i miss you' or 'you're still my love' but I received nothing. Turning on my tv, I listened to the news in the background as if pulled my phone out to double check for messages from Jessie.

'Serious crash at the intersection of Air Port and Lincoln this morning, 18 year old girl has been brought to the hospital with fatal injuries'

My head lifted from my phone as I realized that intersection was close to Jeremy's house, dialing Jessie's number I listened for the rings and then the voice mail.
"It's Jessie, don't leave a voicemail, it's not worth it."
My mind went blank as I realized there was a possibility that this could be Jessie, my Jessie, but it couldn't.. She had to be ok. Right? Nothing couldn't happen to her, not right now.
"You're worth it, Jessie." I slipped the words from my mouth as my tears fell from my face.

Quickly hanging up I'm dialed Jeremy's number, I heard 2 rings before he finally picked up.
"Taylor?" He sounded as if he had been crying or screaming for hours.
It hit me, I could hear the devastation in his voice before he even had the chance to tell me.
"Oh god Jeremy.. No.." I heard myself whimper as I bit my bottom lip.
"She's in bad shape Taylor, real bad, she's lost a lot of blood and they're not telling me much of anything."

I broke.

I sobbed hard over the phone, realizing how the last things I have said to Jessie could possibly be the last. Realizing that I could actually loose her..
"I'm coming, Jeremy." I hung up and quickly made my way to the hospital.

Just then the feelings for Jessie I've been hiding from for so long hit me, I've always loved her; always been madly in love with her. I was just exhausted from the fighting, and now I had wish I stayed. Stayed with her and showed her exactly how much she was worth. I pushed her away, pushed her out of my life and she could be gone. For good.
I never wanted her to be gone.. Not like this.. Not forever..
Hot streams of regret claimed my cheeks as I made my to the hospital. Speeding ignoring red lights and stops signs the entire way there.

It wasn't long until I found myself entering through the hospital doors and meeting Jeremy and Bailey. His strong arms wrapped around me as I buried my face in his chest and sobbed. I could tell he was only being strong for me, but it was still enough for me..
"W-what's wrong with her?" I gulped down my words as I attempted to wipe my tears away.
"I'm sorry, Taylor." He gulped his words and refused to look me in the eye. "The doctor said some kind of closed head injury." Bailey placed a supporting hand on his shoulder but it was like nothing else existed at the moment.
"She uhh- some possibility of a seizure." He sucked in a deep breath, as off attempting to compose himself. "We can go in and see her soon."
"Is she awake?"

He stepped away from me, letting me know he couldn't talk bout it anymore.
Bailey gave me a sympathetic look and slowly shook her head letting me know my worst fear..

She wasn't..