Chapter 33

That whole day passed in a blur for me; the doctor refused Jeremy any information on Jessie's state until they had her moved into a stable room. It took hours upon hours, which only felt like an eternity for me. We were finally allowed to visit Jessie when the sun began to rise. Unfortunately, the sun rising another day was the only good thing to happen..

A large purple bruise claimed the left side of her face, while her black curls was thrown back across the pillow. The beautiful jade eyes I was so used to seeing, the eyes I was absolutely in love with, were closed and unresponsive. A slight whimper left my throat and Bailey squeezed my hand in support. Seeing Jessie.. Like this.. Was absolutely unbearable..
"What's going on with her?" Jeremy no longer held a sincere voice, he was annoyed, annoyed his sister was in a hospital bed unresponsive and no one would tell him anything.

"Can I have you step outside, sir?" The doctor said these words easily, as if he's said them a million times. Breaking people's hearts have become so easy now.. Like second nature now. But, this was different though. This was Jessie..
"What for?" Jeremy's voice exploded with an anxious tone. He seemed to be a fire cracker, and the wrong thing was going to say him off.
"Jay." Bailey approached him and squeezed his shoulder. "Just walk outside and talk with him, ok?" Her voice was soft and calming and Jeremy obliged to her request. Nodding his head they stepped outside for which seemed to be decades upon decades.

I became extremely anxious as I began to conjure the possibilities of what was being said.. I sat next to Jessie, nervously picking at my finger nails as I waited for Jeremy. Waited for something..

I listened to Jessie's breathing, soft and quiet. I almost couldn't hear it over the constant beeping echo throughout the room. The beeping the constantly reminded me that she was alive, but she wasn't here..
Jeremy's stalky figure slipped through the doorway, as tears claimed his face.
"Jay?" My voice came out weak and strained as I searched for an answer. He only pulled me into his arms and sobbed.
I've yet to learn a single thing on Jessie's state, but I knew. Through the doctors expression, through Jeremy's sobs.. There wasn't much hope..

----

I held on to Jessie's cold hand.. Jeremy has told me that she's internally bleeding and there wasn't much they could do. She continued to hemorrhage, to loose blood.. To loose life.. And there was nothing we could do.
"Jessie, I take it back. I take it all back." I felt warm tears slip down my face. "Just wake up, please? Wake up and smile up at me again. I'm begging you.." My grip on her hand tightened as felt my composer fall.

Jeremy and Bailey went to grab some food in the cafeteria, and I refused to leave Jessie's side. I've spent so long away from her, I couldn't leave her now.
"I don't think I can make it without you, the time away from you now has been killing me. Ignoring each other.. All of it. I can't handle this. I'm weak, Jessie I'm weak and I can't do this alone." I sobbed harder than I ever have before. My chest and back ached as I broke. Part of me was dying inside of me.. I miss her so much, I just want another laugh, smile, hug, something..

Jeremy and Bailey quietly entered the room, and embraced me.
"I can't loose her, Jay. I just can't.."
"I know Tay.." He held me quietly and let me sob.